GIS Applied Equity Advisors is a buy-side long-only equity asset management group based in Chicago, IL with $2.1 billion assets under management. GIS Applied Equity Advisors is part of Morgan Stanley, and its strategies are available exclusively through Morgan Stanley Financial Advisors and Private Wealth Advisors.
The Registered Associate will assist the Head of GIS Applied Equity Advisors and its team members with the trading, operational and administrative aspects of managing assets.
• Implement portfolio manager directed trade rebalances across multiple trading platforms.
• Collaborate with Morgan Stanley trading desks to achieve best trade execution.
• Monitor news events that impact trading and strategy holdings.
• Support and execute day to day trading needs based upon advisor-initiated activity.
• Respond to advisor requests and other outreaches.
• Perform general administrative duties such as handling telephone calls and e-mail requests.
• Create presentations, spreadsheets and other reports.
• Learn the business and strategies in order to assist the team.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assisting in marketing calendar management.
• Booking travel and processing expenses for the team.
• Participating in ongoing learning and development to enhance support of the team’s business
• Complying with all industry rules and regulation and Firm policies
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Knowledge of equity markets
• Familiarity with Morgan Stanley trading systems is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Superior interpersonal, organizational, and client service skills
• Strong computer skills, including internet
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• 1 to 3 years industry experience
• Active Series 7 and Series 66 licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Knowledge of market data tools such as Bloomberg is a plus
• Be authorized to work in the U.S. without restriction as to duration
• Pass a background check
• Pass any applicable pre-employment tests
• Satisfy all ongoing regulatory continuing education
One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates...