High school plus specialized, short-term training in clinical medical skills. Current CPR certification required. One to three years experience in ambulatory care.
Primary Job Functions
• Assign and assists with patient preparation/rooming patients, as directed by visit plan.
• Performs lab procedures, as ordered by Medical Provider or as directed by visit plan.
• Assists Medical Providers with procedures.
• Assists with patient education, within scope of practice as ordered by Medical Provider.
• Assists with visit planning, within Health Maintenance Guidelines.
• Documents on medical record within scope of practice.
• Assists in screening of patients, in collaboration with Medical Provider.
• Interacts effectively with customers, providing instructions and information, both written and verbal, as appropriate.
• Maintains established practice policies and procedures, objectives, quality program, safety, environment and infection control standards.
• Seeks help, communicates and cooperates with Medical Provider and team appropriately.
• Performs other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard