Resolvit IT & Management Consulting (Resolvit) is looking for a Cognos Developer to work as full-time Resolvit employee in Reston, VA.
Duties included but not limited to the following:
The ideal Cognos Developer candidate will have experience with the following:
- Design and develop enterprise wide data analysis and reporting solutions with Cognos
- Work with the business users and provide expertise in problem definition, requirements analysis and the general design of the BI system
- Document functional and technical requirements for the metadata layer and the BI reports
- Define and build the BI metadata layer based on the business requirements
- Develop BI reports, dashboards, and scorecards
- Review and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources
- Communicate analysis results and making recommendations to senior management
- Expertise in business intelligence development and related implementation technologies
- Assist the testing team and facilitate the user acceptance testing
- Assist in maintaining all system administration, development and support documentation, including current product level release notes
- Assist with the planning, implementing and testing of all system patches and upgrades
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with Cognos. Experience with Cognos 8.0 or higher, preferably Cognos 8.4
- 8 - 10 years of experience in software systems development and programming
- 5 years’ experience in data warehousing or business intelligence
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling techniques
- Exposure to Multi-dimensional OLAP Technologies
- Experience with a variety of sources (Oracle, SQL Server, XML, flat file, Excel Spreadsheet, SAP etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience in building/implementing scalable, reliable and high performance ETL architectures is desired.
- Proficiency with RDBMS systems, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting, and database optimizations
- Understanding of modern software engineering principles, practices, and systems development methodologies, preferably Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Familiar with database analysis, design, and programming with an understanding of related technologies specifically Java, XML, and web services
- Excellent BI design skills, hands-on experience in developing business intelligence reports.
- Ability to support multiple concurrent projects
We're a progressive management and IT consulting firm that helps clients' businesses grow with the power of our people—functional and technical experts who bridge the gap between IT and the business that it supports.
Our projects focus on software development and infrastructure support in the vertical markets of: telecommunications, healthcare and biotechnology, manufacturing and distribution, finance, media, and government. Our project managers, programmers, designers, analysts, and engineers support Fortune 1000 clients.
We've grown 121% over the last two years. How? We hire the best in their fields—results-focused professionals with skills that are re-deployable from one engagement to the next. Our employees receive excellent benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement and more. And we keep our people on staff and help grow their careers.
At Resolvit, you'll be one of the people growing our business. We'd like to make you part of our success. Contact us to discuss your future.
Click here to apply online
Resolvit, LLC - 13 months ago
Resolvit, LLC is dedicated to providing technology and business consulting solutions to clients in the New York City, Washington, DC,...