BET Networks Director of Corporate Market Research| New York
BET Networks has an immediate opening for a Director of Corporate Market Research to be based in New York City.
The Director of Corporate Market Research will provide analytical and managerial support to BET Networks (BETN) Corporate Market Research staff in Washington, DC & New York City. The Director will be responsible for analyzing Nielsen Media Research data to further understand BETN audiences and competitive influences that impact BET programming (including development, scheduling and acquisitions) and marketing. The Director will report to the Senior Vice President Corporate Market Research and will be responsible for the following:
- Partnering with internal clients, utilizing audience data and trend analyses to inform, support and further enhance the Marketing, Programming and Development efforts of BET Networks.
- Developing unique and thorough analyses to positively position BET Networks in the context of the competitive media landscape utilizing ratings research.
- Providing leadership and direction on various Custom Research projects using Nielsen Media Research data.
- Supporting ongoing Ratings Estimates Modeling initiatives.
- Managing daily ratings report responsibilities.
- Collaborating in the creation of market positioning, presentations and other materials that showcase the value of the BET Networks brand.
- Partnering on the development and communication of internal market research intelligence reports as the expert on the African-American Television viewing audience.
- Cultivating general knowledge of BET Networks Television brands: BET, CENTRIC & BET International.
- Lead and manage a team of Managers and Analysts
-7+ years of experience in data analysis, Empirical Modeling & Forecasting is essential; experience in Programming Research/ Market Research and strong Ratings Analysis experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills are required, with a proven ability to interpret analysis; background in financial analysis and estimates modeling is a plus.
- Experience in Nielsen Media Research databases (StarTrak, Galaxy Explorer, NPower, etc.) or similar. Proficiency in all Microsoft Suite Applications: Powerpoint, Excel
- Experience in and understanding consumer behavior; strong interest in pop-culture, and African- American trends is ideal as is knowledge of television and or a strong interest in television research.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills- Possess initiative, professionalism, enthusiasm, and the ability to work both autonomously and as team player.
-Operate with a bias toward action and a sense of urgency. Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
∙ BS/BA in Business Administration or liberal arts, MBA or MA in a related field is a plus.
BET is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BET Networks - 2 years ago
You might say this network gives cable TV some street cred. Black Entertainment Television operates BET, the leading cable channel targeting...