General Statement of Duties:
Assists the therapist or assistant in the providing quality care to our patients. Helps the department monitor and maintain its supply of assistive devices. Clerical duties include entering charges and/or maintaining list of discharge summaries.
Essential Job Functions
1. Assists with patient care by supporting patients during transfers, gait training or other therapy activities to prevent injuries or falls.
2. Communicates appropriate information regarding patient’s condition, reactions and response to the therapist or assistant in a timely and professional manner.
3. Assists in the monitoring, inventory and maintenance of equipment. Checks for proper functioning prior to each use.
4. Addresses the special attention required with wound care patients. Is able to arrange a sterile dressing field, disinfect a whirlpool or set up a pulse lavage treatment, and appropriately drapes patients for modesty.
5. Assists with clerical duties such as entering charges, maintaining discharge summary lists, answering telephones promptly locating lost equipment or filing notes.
6. Provides Director with constructive suggestions to problem solve, assist with maintaining productivity standards and setting a positive atmosphere for professional development.
Additional Job Functions
1. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
2. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals under the MHS Financial Performance Plan.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrate ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understand the personal obligations to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Experience desired. On the job training provided.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Meditech, PC, typical therapy modalities appropriate to work setting
Job Description Appendix A:
Environmental and Physical Demands/Hazardous Conditions
(x) INSIDE: Spends approximately 38 hours or more per week inside.
(x OUTSIDE: Spend approximately 2 hours per week outside (driving/running work related errands).
( ) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 10% increments of work time): Sitting
( ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
( ) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up to 10 lbs.
(x) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
(x) Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient specific to the department.