Responsible for cleaning residence halls, offices, classrooms and/or public areas. Project work, such as general floor maintenance may be included. Position is classified as essential personnel under college policy and is subject to college and department policies regarding essential personnel. Performs essential duties related to facilities work as identified by management during inclement weather, emergency situations, or as campus needs dictate. This position is Non-exempt and a Grade 1. Shift is 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Performs floor care, including routine mopping (dry and damp), sweeping and vacuuming. Reports areas requiring higher levels of maintenance.
- Cleans walls, does the dusting (high and low) as well as the vacuuming and spotting carpets.
- Empties trash containers daily or as necessary / moves trash.
- Cleans mirrors, glass doors and windows as necessary.
- Conducts routine restroom, office and/or classroom cleaning using specific procedures. Cleans sinks, commodes/urinals as necessary.
- Duties may include inclement weather safety responsibilities, including the removal of snow, ice and/or branches, and other related responsibilities as necessary due to inclement weather.
- Duties may include activities related to preparation or clean-up during emergency situations.
- May be required to work during campus closures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment.
- Ability to operate floor maintenance equipment.
Education & Experience:
- Reports to Shift Supervisor.
Working conditions & physical demands:
- Minimal janitorial experience preferred.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must respect confidentiality when cleaning offices.
- Works in moderate noise all around campus, indoor and outdoor.
- Frequent standing and operating cleaning equipment.
- Often lifts 10-50 lbs objects.
- May be required to work during periods of inclement weather.
Meredith College - 19 months ago