This position is responsible for providing accounting support to the operations of the New Mexico Division while supervising a staff of four professional accountants, as well as providing tactical support for the Division Controller.
· Review and approve assigned journal entries and also prepare journal entries with supporting documentation for approval by Division Controller.
· Complete assigned balance sheet reconciliations in accordance within Corporate/SOX guidelines.
· Provide support to Finance and Operations in the development of plant budgets and forecasts.
· Provide guidance to staff on cost control analysis, project accounting and reporting.
· Provides accounting support to administrative departments.
· Collaborates on developing and coordinating the implementation of departmental procedures and systems.
· Assist with audits and special projects.
Education and/or Experience
· BS in Accounting
· Seven to ten years accounting experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Advanced excel skills are required. Strong communication skills are also required.
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications
· Strong accounting experience is required
· Mining experience is highly desired
· Supervisory experience is required
Supervise a staff of four professionals.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing .
Intrepid Potash - 15 months ago