Nearly 50 percent of the nuclear power plants in operation worldwide, and nearly 60 percent in the United States, are based on Westinghouse Technology. We are committed to ensuring that nuclear power remains a clean, safe, and environmentally sound way to produce electricity.
Westinghouse welcomes enthusiastic, dedicated, and innovative individuals with a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, Pension Plan and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs, such as our Flextime program, offering flexible work hours to employees, and a variety of Training and Development opportunities, such as Educational Reimbursement that pays for approved satisfactorily completed business-related degree programs and non-degree courses.
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
To apply for this position you must apply online (no hard copy or e-mailed resumes accepted).
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
updated technical developments. Coordinate and/or prepare technical documents for products/services in the fuel performance/integrity area. Support and eventually lead code development efforts.
- Essential Functions
- 1. Perform engineering design and analysis and propose solutions to complex problems that are not well defined in the fuel performance area.
- 2. Identify, define and direct approach for successful resolution of significant technical issues related to the presence of leaking fuel.
- 3. Provide expert knowledge of specific fuel leakage analysis to peers, customers and industry.
- 4. Act as lead technical problem solver within fuel performance/coolant activity areas.
- 5. Lead communicator for Westinghouse and Customers when leaking fuel is present. It will be required to deliver presentations to communicate status and problem resolution.
- 6. Obtain and maintain current knowledge of post irradiation techniques for leaking fuel examinations.
- 7. Coordinate and integrate complex technical projects that encompass multi-functional areas; successfully achieve goals of established budget and schedule requirements.
- 8. Lead integration and development of major technical proposals in the coolant activity area. Support of customer proposals is also required.
- 9. Act as program lead of other coolant activity engineers and provide periodic performance reviews.
- 10. Provide appropriate internal/external personnel with periodic status updates regarding recommendations provided to operating plants.
- 11. Develop new or improved coolant activity methods utilizing knowledge of
recommendations to management.
- 12. Identify and support business growth opportunities and present
international customer locations.
- 13. Provide coolant activity analysis training for Westinghouse personnel and customers.
- 14. Eventually, it will be required to act as technical expert knowledge resource of coolant activity and fuel integrity areas.
- 15. Develop ability to manage complex technical projects.
- 16. It will be required to perform any of above responsibilities at U.S. and
The successful candidate will have the following:
â€¢ Bachelorâ€™s degree in Nuclear Engineering (Masterâ€™s Degree or equivalent is required)
â€¢ Prior knowledge of fuel rod design and reactor design principles is required
â€¢ Current knowledge of reactor site post irradiation examination equipment and procedures is preferred
â€¢ Advance Radiochemistry knowledge, as well as chemical techniques is required.
â€¢ Typically ten or more years, of nuclear engineering experience is required.
â€¢ Knowledge of plant systems and operation for W-NSSS and CE-NSSS plants is preferred
â€¢ Be able to demonstrate strong communications skills and collaborative management style to effectively communicate within Westinghouse, customers and nuclear industry.
â€¢ Past experience that demonstrates technical leadership skills and/or project management abilities to effectively define, implement and drive projects / tasks to successful completion.
Westinghouse Electric Company provides a wide range of nuclear power plant products and services to utilities throughout the world.