We are looking for an experienced attorney who will work as a legal consultant supporting our growing consulting business. The new consultant would focus on retirement plan issues, but the consultant may be called on to address health and welfare plan issues as well. Most of the work would relate to qualified plans, but there would also be work on issues relating to other types of retirement plans (e.g., 403(b), 457, and nonqualified deferred compensation plans). Our legal consultants keep our clients (and other Aon Hewitt consultants) apprised of legal developments. Together with other Aon Hewitt consultants, our legal consultants seek to offer comprehensive solutions to our clients' employee benefit issues. We help clients with matters such as the following:
* Plan design
* Administrative issues
* Nondiscrimination testing
* Mergers and acquisitions
* Drafting and reviewing plan documents, SPDs, and other communications
* Government filings
* Fiduciary responsibilities and plan governance
The new consultant would work directly with clients on most issues and should expect to work with client contacts at a number of levels, including senior leaders in HR (e.g., the VPHR) and with our clients' internal or external legal counsel (e.g., the internal benefits counsel, the general counsel, or a senior partner at a major law firm). The new consultant would also provide technical support to other consultants (e.g., actuaries and plan adminstration consultants).
Our objective is to recruit an attorney who has strong technical skills and a desire to support and/or develop additional legal consulting opportunities. The candidate should be capable of providing reliable creative solutions to the most challenging legal issues of our largest and most complex clients. We realize that some candidates will not have worked in depth on all issues that we address. However, the candidate should have a strong basic knowledge of employee benefits law and substantial experience addressing a variety of retirement plan issues.
Candidates should have a law degree from an accredited law school and be an active member in good standing of a state bar.
An ideal candidate would have the following experience:
* At least four years of experience focusing primarily on employee benefits
* Training from experienced employee benefits attorneys
* Broad experience addressing issues related to both DC and DB retirement plans.
An ideal candidate would have the following characteristics:
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally. Strong presentation skills
* Ability to develop effective relationships with client contacts and consulting colleagues at a variety of levels
* Interest in staying abreast of new developments and educating clients and other Aon Hewitt consultants on these developments
* Interest in developing creative, comprehensive solutions that take into account non-legal considerations
* Comfort working in a non-hierarchical, collaborative, team-oriented work environment
* Interest in helping business development efforts to extend and expand work that would be performed both by legal consultants and by other Aon Hewitt consultants, with existing Aon Hewitt clients
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
Lincolnshire, Illinois United States
Lincolnshire, IL United States
Aon - 13 months ago
Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance and...