What's your motivation? Want satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives? At the American Heart Association our mission is building healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Join an organization that was voted "One of the Best NonProfits to Work For" since 2010.
We have an excellent opportunity for a F und raising Director in our Omaha office.
We are seeking a motivated and results-oriented outside sales professional or fundraiser to help advance the mission of the American Heart Association – building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke – by obtaining corporate sponsorships.
The Director will be part of a team held accountable for the overall planning and implementation of the Heart Walk in Omaha, a major fundraising event that promotes physical activity.
Responsibilities include: achieve financial goal by obtaining corporate sponsorships and walk teams through face-to-face solicitation; develop volunteer committees; build strong relationships throughout the community, particularly the corporate community; event coordination and execution, including budget management.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do .
The American Heart Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. The AHA is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its volunteers, staff and programs.
- Strong outside sales, cold-calling and relationship-building skills
- Goal-oriented and an effective communicator
- Demonstrated knowledge of Omaha area businesses and philanthropic communities preferred
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2007 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets
- Must have the ability to lift at least 20lbs from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement
- Bachelor’s or some college plus experience. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years experience equates to 1 full-time year of higher education
American Heart Association - 18 months ago
The American Heart Association (AHA) is a not-for-profit organization devoted to the fight against heart disease and stroke (both among...