An online publishing firm in Boston is looking for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator. This position includes creating, optimizing, and securing the servers and networks.
Online Publishing Firm
As the Senior Linux Administrator, you will:
- Install, maintain and repair system hardware
- Install, maintain, and upgrade Operating System and application engine software
- Document system and application engine configurations
- Monitor system, application, and network performance/availability
- Plan for system, network and software upgrades for projected growth and new projects
- Execute on implementation and execution of project plans
- Monitor and respond to customer problems reported via email and support ticket system
- 4+ years of experience in Systems Administrator role
- Expert knowledge of one operating system (Linux/UNIX) and working knowledge of a second operating system (MS Windows).
- Expert knowledge of at least one SQL database (MySQL/PostgreSQL).
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language (such as BASH,Perl,Python,Ruby) and fundamental knowledge of web processing/design and software development
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere 4 or 5
- Advanced knowledge of SAN Storage Systems (NetApp)
- Advanced knowledge of Internet technologies like TCP/IP, DNS and HTTP
- Working knowledge of Ubuntu Linux and Gentoo Linux OS
- Working knowledge of network topology and security
- Experience with High Availability Service Clustering