Senior Manager Materials
Responsible for the overall management of all materials management activities at the plant. Maintain high standards in terms of cGMP, cost control and efficiency. Build a team of capable resources working in a collaborative environment. Develop a culture of accountability, empowerment, continuous improvement, and customer focus, and collaboration, celebration of good work, involvement and development of all people. Lead the materials management function to ensure proper inventory management targets are maintained and drive the implementation of Lean material flow strategies such as Kanban and Pull. Manage plant buyers, warehouse manager, plant reconcilers and plant schedulers. Provide direction and leadership to VSO Planner/Buyers.
Key areas of accountability include managing: warehousing, MRO requisitioning and purchasing, direct material buying, plant scheduling and inventory management (including MAPICs reconciliation)
- Provide leadership in directing the efforts of management, supervisory and direct labor for the materials management organization. Participate in the recruitment, selection, promotion, and performance management of materials management personnel.
- Oversee the activities of planning & scheduling, purchasing, warehousing, MAPICS reconciliation and MRO requisitioning and purchasing.
- Foster a spirit of accountability, collaboration, breakthrough thinking, customer focus, honesty, and integrity while remaining flexible.
- Hold employees accountable for execution of assigned duties, managing defined roles & responsibilities and meeting objectives
- Works with plant management and senior management to advise of critical constraints to efficiency and to identify and advise of solutions to those problems.
- Advises plant management of any conditions that could potentially bring about a significant impairment to the ability to meet on-going and/or future customer requirements.
Compliance, Safety and Quality
- Ensure that during all warehouse and material management operations, the site’s safety and quality and compliance metrics are met or surpassed while meeting corporate and site standards and policies.
- Ensure quality and safety requirements are clearly defined, robust processes are in place and capable employees are properly trained to guarantee compliance with all state, federal and local standards and regulations, e.g., cGMP, GLP, OSHA, EEOC and DEA. Alert management of any potential deviations or infractions in a timely manner.
- Drive continuous improvement and execute pro-active quality control in material management processes.
- Establish local metrics in alignment with business objectives.
- Effectively communicate and flow down objectives to all employees.
- Be the site champion for lean material flow concepts. Ensure that all lean processes that are implemented are effectively monitored and measured to insure process compliance.
- Establish and maintain a closed loop management process that drives continuous improvement in performance to objectives and fact based decision making.
- Represent the site in the S&OP process and insure proper alignment between divisional supply chain strategies and plant practices.
- Own the plant material requisition and purchasing process to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- Maintain accountability for ensuring that problem investigations are completed in a timely fashion in order to meet customer commitments. CAPA’s must be assigned and carried out to ensure compliance and to achieve improvement.
- Ensure the financial metrics for budget adherence, capital project prioritization, manufacturing variances, product yields, process efficiency and manufacturing losses are developed, communicated, tracked and met.
- Instil and cultivate a culture supportive of continuous improvement of process and product enhancement to guarantee appropriate cost of goods and profit margins are maintained/ bettered.
Facilities & Technology
Represent the plant on corporate technology and best practices teams.
- In collaboration with the Executive Team, set strategic direction for current and future product, systems, work practice, and process improvements.
- Ensure all members of the materials management team are properly using technology tools in a way that aligns with divisional and corporate strategies.
- Strong, professional interpersonal skills including ability to communicate effectively with people individually and in groups; ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Customer/Stakeholder focused (understand business plans and operating environment)
- Identify the developmental needs of others and provide coaching, mentoring, and encouragement to help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with ERP, MRP, ToC, Capacity Analysis and WMS
- BS degree (required)
- Ten years working in manufacturing operations with at least four years in a leadership role with accountability for production planning, purchasing, and inventory management
- Prior experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry desired
- APICs Certification desired
- Ability to lead with a positive and credible demeanour that engenders trust
- Strong focus on quality and proven ability to apply a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships between teams, departments and business units.
- Ability to deliver measurable and sustainable results.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and decision making ability.
- Ability to organize, prioritize work in the face of shifting demands and tight deadlines.
- Ability to embrace new ideas aligned with the vision and values while balancing risk with opportunities
- Ability to influence in a matrix organization; lead and own processes outside of direct control
- Experience in Lean material flow concepts
- Knowledge of human behaviour and group dynamics
Qualitest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Endo Pharmaceuticals - 19 months ago
Endo Health Solutions, formerly known as Endo Pharmaceuticals, wants the pain to end, preferably through the drugs it acquires and markets....