Work requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Graduate degree (MBA) preferred.
Appropriate licensing must be maintained..
Formal training and education in Clinical Informatics preferred.
Knowledge and Skills :
- Requires at least 10 years of health care experience of which at least 7 years are in clinical role.
- Experience in organizing, planning and executing large scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors and vendors required.
- Prior leadership experience required.
- Expert level knowledge of clinical workflow and processes.
- Demonstrated understanding and leadership in change management process: utilizing proven collaborative, decision making, delegation and follow up skills.
- Project management expertise including planning and implementing multiple projects in a cross functional environment.
- Familiarity with process redesign and quality improvement principles.
- Ability to manage project team; embracing a collaborative and multi-disciplinary approach to problem solving.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to take accountability for decisions and to take corrective actions where necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well developed leadership skills including meeting facilitation, active listening, negotiation, team building and delegation.
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient with MS Office tools including: MS Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
The Clinical Informaticist is a trained and licensed medical professional responsible for providing expertise and support in the development and implementation of clinical applications at Boston Medical Center. Ensures that new technology is used appropriately, established technical and quality standards are followed, solutions are cost effective and aligned with business and clinical strategies and information needs of clients are met. Responsible for proactively identifying opportunities to apply new technologies to improve clinical care, business processes and clinician workflow.
The Clinical Informaticist must be a collaborative professional who can independently lead major ITS initiates to support the overall mission and values of Boston Medical Center. Acts as a decision maker assuming responsibility and authority for managing changes. Serves as a role model and liaison for bridging the functions of clinical care and information technology.
Boston Medical Center - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard