Job Title: Assistant Manager
At Jos. A. Bank, our Assistant Manager’s primary responsibility is to assist the Store Manager in profitably operating the store by achieving personal and stores sales goals. Jos. A. Bank is sales driven, upscale men’s retail clothing company; and our associates are energetic, outgoing and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
The Assistant Manager’s duties and responsibilities include:
Assistant Manager’s earn commission on their personal sales and are eligible for a year-end bonus. Jos. A. Bank rewards performance, and there will be career advancement opportunities for successful associates as we continue to grow our business.
- Leading their customers through the sales process of selecting, coordinating and purchasing traditional business, casual clothing and accessory options designed for the upscale professional man.
- Understanding merchandise features, marking and fitting techniques and fashion trends to determine what type of garments are desired and advise customers about prevailing styles, new/add-on items and appropriateness of garments for particular occasions.
- Striving to meet sales goals and covering their personal draw in a commission based sales environment.
- Providing the highest Customer Service standards while maintaining a professional demeanor and personal presentation at all times.
- Utilizing company resources to generate traffic and maintaining customer contact to build their own book of business.
- Maintaining the company’s visual merchandise standards within each department and the overall store, including general housekeeping cleanliness.
- Assisting in overall store operations, maintaining inventory levels and instructing staff and customers on current marketing promotions.
- Acting as manager-on-duty when Store Manager is not on premises.
- Opening and/or close the store.
- Ensuring that their stores are run in accordance with company policies and applicable laws, training and coaching associates on selling techniques, supervising staff and assisting customers with issue resolution.
If a career as an Assistant Manager interests you, this job involves the following qualifications and essential functions, so you must be able to:
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the Assistant Manager. This list is not intended to be comprehensive and may vary from store to store; additional details may be provided upon request.
- Provide leadership through example; set performance examples; identify work to be done; prioritize and complete daily assignments and reach personal sales performance goals; share responsibility for meeting store sales goals.
- Meet deadlines with accuracy and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Interact and communicate with customers in person and on the phone; interact and communicate with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Coordinate customer wardrobe selections involving a wide range of colors and patterns.
- Measure customers’ necks, arms, chests and or waist for proper fit.
- Work scheduled shift which will include nights, week-ends and holidays.
- Read, write and perform basic math.
- Dress in conservative business attire without any tattoos and/or body piercings evident.
Store Location: Mashpee Commons, Mashpee, MA, USA
Perfectly Suited Careers.
As one of America's premier clothiers, Jos. A. Bank is the perfect fit for people with the passion and drive to...