Social Media Strategist
United States-New York-New York
Starcom is a world-renowned media agency that simplifies human understanding to deliver meaningful brand experiences. Starcom does this by creating the Space for Ideas, in peoples' minds and in the world, via a unique approach that gives the agency an unparalleled advantage. With over 1,200 employees, Starcom helps get the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results for many of the world's leading companies. For more information on Starcom, visit
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for the successful development and management of paid social media strategies for client brands.
The role requires a passionate, innovative big picture thinker who can connect digital and social to all other aspects of the client business to drive growth opportunities.
Social Media Strategist will play a highly accountable, highly visible role both internally and externally.
The Social Media Strategist understands and leverages consumer insight to provide solutions and ideas that bridge web, mobile, gaming, social media, email, search, advertising, etc., and maximize consumer engagement.
This person answers key questions such as how brands are communicated and experienced through digital interactions, and how digital interactions fit into broader customer experiences.
This person must have a passion for digital trends and innovation, combined with a sound understanding of consumers, social networks and brands.
You would be expected in particular to:
- The Social Media Strategist's responsibility is to help develop and implement effective “big ideas” driven by value exchanges between consumers / users and brands / businesses.
- He/she is a thought leader, consulting into the Owned and Earned Strategists (at Leo Burnett) and Samsung for Global KPI's, Framework, Go-Forward Recommendations, as well as Partner/Vendor relations
- This person evaluates consumer research, brand information, trends and relevant data in order to foster Paid Social Media solutions that marry brand goals with consumer needs.
- The Social Media Strategist's responsibility is to identify current and emerging digital trends, and how they impact individual and group behaviors. This individual educates and inspires clients, account directors, media planners and partners about best practices and emerging trends.
- Interact with and deploy partner strategies around paid social media.
- Provide knowledge of, and preferably, hands-on experience with as wide an array as possible of social communication disciplines.
- Provide a strategic POV (client and consumer perspective) on paid social media for client solutions throughout the entire lifecycle of a project.
- Partner with Measurement/Analytics team to provide insightful reporting.
- Continually monitor new developments in the online industry and develop agency POVs for clients and colleagues that inspire actionable strategies.
- Work with extended team to identify key opportunities for client.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in social media
- Minimum of 2-4 years of digital/new media experience, ideally in a marketing services / agency environment
- Prior experience in crafting social media POVs
- Prior experience in leading planning engagements
- Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and systems quickly, and express them in simple ways
- Strong business writing, storytelling, communication, presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner, with use of good judgment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and to remain graceful under pressure
- Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team
- Organized, accurate, attention to detail
- Curiosity, willingness to take calculated risks
This business helps advertisers reach out to the consumer universe. Starcom MediaVest Group is a leading media planning and buying agency...