English / Japanese /
IT company seeks Financial Controller
The Controller will be responsible for the management and execution of all accounting (e.g. accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, general ledger, payroll and commissions), GAAP compliance, taxation and financial reporting functions. It is expected that the Controller will periodically visit the Company’s international subsidiaries in Asia (twice per year) to ensure proper oversight of the consolidated accounting function. The Controller will be supported by an accounting staff of 3 accountants located in Orange county, CA and five in Asia.
The Controller must be comfortable working in the entrepreneurial environment of growing company, and must be proactive on projects and demonstrate personal initiative.
- Direct cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory and payroll functions.
- Oversee all aspects of general ledger activities.
- Responsible for maintenance of accounting systems.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage a timely month-end close process, including the preparation and review of accounts analysis for accuracy, and preparation of variance/fluctuation analysis.
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Information requirements for management to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- 5+ years experience as a Controller, Assistant Controller
- Experienced with all functions of general ledger accounting, financial statement preparation and budgeting.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, foreign currency transaction and financial analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required. CPA certification and ability to speak Japanese or Chinese is a plus.
Interesse International Inc - 2 years ago