Duke Energy is currently seeking a Chemistry Technician at its Roxboro Electric Generating Plant in Semora, North Carolina.
Depending upon the desired qualifications of the successful candidate, the hiring manager may elect to fill this position at a higher level within the job hierarchy.
Candidate shall perform duties in accordance with standard practices and is responsible for personal safety, safety of other employees and the public's safety.
This position is responsible for
Candidate must possess the skills and knowledge to work with computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and database software programs.
- water chemistry monitoring, calibration, and analysis for the site and unit related systems;
- treatment for raw water brought into plant for boiler water makeup and wastewater treatment systems;
- environmental sampling, monitoring and testing for compliance with State NPDES permit;
- plant performance testing program and monitoring associated FGD scrubber and bioreactor chemistry.
- The position requires obtaining a Grade 2 Wastewater license, Grade 1 Physical/Chemical License and C-Surface Drinking water License within one year. Candidate must progress to a B-Surface Drinking Water license within 3 years.
- The position is responsible for maintaining yearly continuing education in order to progress to Chemistry Technician I.
- Candidate shall be capable of working the on-call coverage responsibilities alone with back-up support within three months.
On occasion, may be required to work nights, weekends and holidays and will be subject to call-outs for unusual events, testing or emergencies. Candidate will be required to perform periodic tests and routinely troubleshoot plant equipment and systems.
- The position requires a high school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Minimum of 3 years performing chemistry or water treatment functions OR Associates Degree in Chemistry, Biology or other science related field required.
A Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or other science related field is preferred. Experience with wastewater treatment and drinking water treatment systems is preferred. Experience with performance testing which includes boilers, pumps and cycle efficiency is also preferred. Candidate must possess the skills and knowledge to work with computers
Duke Energy - 14 months ago
Duke Energy Carolinas (formerly Duke Power) energizes the Carolinas as well as its parent company's sales. A part of top US power firm...