Participates in moderately complex system program analysis and system programming assignments. Completes systems analysis projects with a focus on internal standards, coding, testing, security and documentation. Determines specifications and develops, modifies and expands new and existing system programs.
- 50% - Leads projects and/or teams involved in the development and implementation of cost-effective information technology solutions. Creates application design for projects that lead to development of new or improved products. Leads application design meetings; conducts code reviews and unit testing. Oversees coding standards for application development groups. Develops high quality, well-documented system codes based on specification developed with application experts from other departments within the company. Participates in user consulting, systems analysis, systems design, vendor contracts and detail systems design.
- 30% - Participates in the definition of principles, standards and processes that comprise the enterprise architecture model. Analyzes and evaluates existing and proposed application architecture and system components. Develops tools and procedures to support application development needs. Maintains awareness of state of the art development tools, programming and problem solving techniques. Provides advanced technical and development support and training to enterprise clients.
- 20% - Provides technical design documentation for development projects for use by other engineers. Acts as a technical consultant to other departments regarding emerging technical system issues.
All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Four to six years experience in technology architecture, systems programming and analysis experience. Previous experience with relational databases.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of systems and data processing policies, practices and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of systems analysis and design techniques.
- General knowledge of systems development life cycle.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in order to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to analyze moderately complex applications and systems.
- Ability to program moderately complex systems requiring minimal interfaces.
- Must possess strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to successfully lead teams, provide feedback to team members and meet/exceed project outcomes.
Meredith Corporation - 22 months ago
Meredith may be the true domestic goddess of media. A home and family media firm, Meredith publishes magazines, special interest...