The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for performing various age appropriate patient care activities necessary in caring for the needs and comfort of patients of all ages. Functions include gathering and reporting data, bathing, dressing, and feeding patients. These tasks are accomplished in a manner consistent with the policies, procedures and guidelines of the Center. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists the RN or LVN by collecting, recording, and reporting age specific data that includes: TPRs, BPs and blood sugar readings. Assists with wound photography and measurements. Reports observed responses to treatment. Assures data is complete, accurate and comprehensive.
• Promptly reports unusual observations or changes in patient condition/behavior.
• Clarifies conflicting or confusing directions so patient care is completed without delay or confusion.
• Applies knowledge of growth and development of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as appropriate.
• Initiates learning activities to increase understanding & update appropriate skills through both formal and informal activities.
• Competently completes all aspects of patient care including age appropriate techniques for ADL’s, mobility, transfers, positioning, hygiene, toileting, and correct application of orthosis/prosthesis, and use of adaptive devices.
• Prioritizes workload and completes patient care assignment in a timely manner.
• Collects specimens as directed.
• Records care given as well as observed responses to treatment, including patient’s participation in wound care/hyperbaric plan. Data is complete, accurate and comprehensive.
• Completes unit tasks such as cleaning exam areas, cleaning hyperbaric gurneys and chambers, sterile instrument processing, transporting patients, and running errands.
High school graduate or equivalent. Certification as a nursing assistant is required. 2-3 years experience in an acute hospital, rehabilitation hospital, or skilled nursing unit preferred.
• Oral Communication
• High energy
• Customer Service
• Interpersonal skills
Healogics - 20 months ago
Healogics creates opportunities for hospitals, physicians and the patients they serve. We offer a full array of services, flexible contracts...