This position is 32.5 hours per week
Perform clerical and secretarial duties. Provide information to parents and students to support personal and educational development of each student.
SUPERVISED BY: Principal and Assistant Principal
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
1. Perform receptionist duties: answer telephone, provide information to callers, take messages, forward phone calls as appropriate, greet visitors to building/guidance office and provide information or directions.
2. Perform routine typing and/or word processing related to school functions.
3. Maintain cumulative filing systems related to areas of responsibility.
4. Set up, file and sort a variety of documents, which include sensitive and confidential information.
5. Compose, perform and type routine correspondence and reports and update lists.
6. Sort and distribute district mail and school mailings.
7. Maintain accurate student records in the areas of discipline and attendance, which may include perfect attendance, excellent attendance, unexcused absences and tardies. Assist in the maintenance of daily attendance (Power School)
8. Contact parents regarding student discipline and absences.
9. Compile and maintain accurate student cumulative records.
10. Assist in the supervision of students in the main office, lunchroom and other requested areas.
11. Perform a variety of duties using various types of office equipment.
12. Compile and complete necessary student information directories and attendance records and reports required by the District and Colorado Department of Education.
13. Compile, format and distribute announcements.
14. Provide “nursing services" for students, as needed, when the district Nurse or Health Assistant is not available, and use appropriate infection control procedures.
15. Process and accurately input data for student system, run student database system and update schedules daily. (Note the greatly increased complexity and training of student enrollment and records in Power School.)
16. Assist parents, students and visitors as needed.
17. Assist in compiling, maintaining and distributing various work to be done at the beginning and end of the school year. CSAP, NWEA and placement.
18. Compile and organize the school honor roll as requested.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
Students, parents, community, school staff, administrators, district support staff.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Working knowledge of computer: keyboarding, database, spreadsheet and word processing.
3. 6 months of related secretarial experience
4. Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Effective organizational and time management skills.
6. Valid community First Aid and CPR card (or acquire within 6 months of hire).
7. Documented completion of at least 2 specialized technical courses (or acquire within 6 months of hire).
8. Successful experience working with confidential information in an office setting.
9. Bilingual skills are preferred.
10. Highly organized with proficiency in Word, Excel and databases.
11. Ability to multi task and work in fast paced environment with students and varied members of the guidance team.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality of students, staff and community and clear boundaries.
13. Ability to organize and follow through with detailed assessment procedures and practice.
? Far Acuity
? Interpersonal skills
? Near acuity
Eagle County Schools - 23 months ago