Ledcor's joint venture partner the Fraser Transportation Group Constructors (FTGC) requires a Field Engineer - Accommodations for their Vancouver project. This role will be located at the Delta , BC office.
Reporting to the Accommodations Manager the Field Engineer - Accommodations will review, develop and present plans to assist the field construction teams with traffic routing and site set-ups. The work will include: the completion of field evaluations and design drawings to facilitate safe accommodations planning and/or alternatives for traffic and communications to stakeholders; facilitation of construction activities that can impact or involve property owners, railroads, disposal sites and municipalities.
- Prepare drawings and overlays for traffic detours and route planning working in conjunction with superintendents and discipline engineers
- Interact with the public to answer traffic-related questions, respond to complaints and requests, or discuss traffic control ordinances, plans, policies, and procedures
- Prepare drawings of proposed signal installations or other control devices, using drafting instruments or computer-automated drafting equipment
- Provide technical supervision regarding traffic control devices to other traffic technicians and laborers
- Analyze data related to traffic flow, accident rate data, and proposed development to determine the most efficient methods to expedite traffic flow
- Plan, design, and improve components of traffic control systems to accommodate current and projected traffic and to increase usability and efficiency
- Study factors affecting traffic conditions, such as lighting and sign and marking visibility, to assess their effectiveness
- Gather and compile data from hand count sheets and machine count tapes and code data for computer input
- Manage counters and record data to assess the volume, type, and movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic at specified times
Office/field environment with travel to worksites where inspection, review and monitoring may be necessary
- 3+ years of combined education and experience in traffic management or similar industry/profession. Preference will be given to experience in the construction industry
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCad and computer programs to produce drawings and overlays for filed distribution. Preference will be given to experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must possess effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to work productively with nominal supervision
Ledcor - 2 years ago
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies, serving the building, oil & gas,...