Are you interested in working with a diverse group of people while working on a warm, welcoming, tropical island? TakeCare Insurance, a top health insurance company providing health insurance coverage to about 30,000 members in Guam (U.S. Territory), Saipan andPalauis looking for a full-time Radiologist.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed leader who is team oriented with great interpersonal skills. Our ideal candidate has passion for their job and wants to make positive and significant contributions to our organization.
Plus, if you have always wanted to travel within the Asia Pacific region, enjoy surfing, scuba diving, water sports, or hanging out on the beach after work, then this is the opportunity for you! This position also offers a wonderful opportunity to join a progressively growing organization, gain international experience and exposure, as well as build your resume with significant industry experience.
The Radiologist reports directly to the Sr. Ancillary Service Manager and responsible for coordinating and participating in a variety of duties involved in the operation and maintenance of the Radiology department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose and treats diseases of human body, using x-ray and radioactive substances:
- Examines internal structures and functions of organ systems, making diagnoses after correlation of x-ray findings with other examinations and tests.
- Treats benign and malignant internal and external growths by exposure to radiation from x-rays, high energy sources, and natural and manmade radioisotopes directed at or implanted in affected areas of body.
- Administers radiopaque substances by injection, orally, or as enemas to render internal structures and organs visible on x-ray films or fluoroscopic screens.
- May specialize in diagnostic radiology or radiation oncology.
- May diagnose and treat diseases of human body, using radioactive substances, and be certified in Nuclear Radiology or Nuclear Medicine
- Graduate of Doctor of Medicine. License is required
- Must have the appropriate level of behavioral maturity and patience in handling patients.
- Must have the diplomacy and tact in handling difficult and irate patients.
- Very good interpersonal relationship skills and can work and relate well with co-employees, patients and customers.
- Outstanding communication skills and persuasiveness, specially the ability to communicate instructions and procedures for treatments, keeping the patients and giving them the desired level of comfort and confidence.
- Must have strong sensitivity to the needs and anxieties of patients and the ability to motivate patients to undergo treatments and procedures.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Knowledgeable of federal and state laws and requirements relating to healthcare management.
American College of Radiology
- 2 years ago - save job