BlueLinx Corporation remains the leading domestic wholesaler of building products, serving independent dealers, industrial customers and large home improvement centers from over 60 locations in the United States and one location in Canada . BlueLinx creates value for our customers and vendors across the supply chain by providing an outlet for a significant portion of the building products and an ever-growing selection of distribution services that utilize our vast transportation assets and facilities, and a wide selection of third-party products. For additional information, please visit us on the web @ www.BlueLinxCo.com .
Position Purpose Summary :
Responsible for execution of daily, weekly and monthly replenishment plans for assigned product lines. Annual spend control ranges from $40MM - $60MM based on experience. Establishes tactical plans to ensure achievement of inventory performance (turns) and sales customer service (fill rate) goals as established in Annual Operating Plan and with input/guidance from manager as well as Product and Sales Management.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Monitors results and identifies trends impacting Key Performance Areas – inventory performance, customer service, supplier performance, supply chain costs, etc.; develops, communicates, and implements corrective action plans as necessary.
- Works with manager and other team members to improve replenishment processes, with focus on increasing time spent on proactive planning for future results while minimizing daily reactive work.
- Responsible for application and on-going maintenance of all JDA system parameters associated with inventory replenishment and load building.
- Provides proactive communication of variances to plan/goal to immediate Manager, Sales, and Product Management.
- Identifies and implements process improvements with suppliers and internal customers, with input and guidance from Manager.
- Actively seeks input and guidance from Sales and Product Management to ensure team is focused on addressing current business issues and working toward common business goals.
- Works with manager, Logistics and Product Management to control logistics and ordering costs (i.e., inbound freight, minimum order size, etc.) impacting margin.
Working knowledge of fundamentals of supply chain with emphasis in supply planning. Strong technical skills required for data mining/query/database data warehouse applications. S
trong collaboration, planning/organization, analytical and problem solving skills. Process improvement experience required. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant tools / technology.
Years of experience:
- 2-5+ years experience preferred with BS / BA; 2-4 years experience with MS / MA / MBA.