Software Quality Assurance Engineer at KIT digital in Atlanta, GA
KIT digital (NASDAQ: KITD) is a premium provider of end-to-end video technology and services. The KIT Platform, the company’s cloud-based solution, helps media & entertainment, network operator and non-media enterprise clients to produce, manage and deliver multi-screen social video experiences to audiences wherever they are. KIT digital services more than 2,200 clients in over 50 countries, including some of the world’s biggest brands, such as Airbus, The Associated Press, BBC, Best Buy, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Disney-ABC, FedEx, GM, Google, HP, MTV, News Corp, Telecom Argentina, Telefonica, Universal Studios, Verizon, Vodafone and Volkswagen. With its executive offices in New York and operational headquarters in Prague, KIT digital maintains other principal offices in Atlanta, San Diego, Beijing, Boston, Cairo, Chennai, Cologne, Dubai, Ely (U.K.), Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Melbourne (Australia), Paris, San Francisco, Singapore and Stockholm.
We are hiring full-time QA Engineers that have what it takes to make a difference in everything from design through implementation and support. We're looking for articulate technologists with a deep understanding of highly scalable web technologies and experience in building & testing web platforms. You’ll understand the big picture, the applications, and the platforms they work on. You should enjoy working with people across the organization and excel at communications. If we can dream it, you should be able to build & test it. It's a fast-paced but rewarding opportunity that offers exposure to the some of the most innovative video platforms in the world today - perfect for a senior developer seeking new challenges and looking to define the next level of web platform quality.
Here are the Absolute Must Haves we need from you (if you don't have them, please don't say you do):
Here are the "Really Nice to Haves":
- Strong web application automation experience using QTP, Selenium, coding or demonstrable equivalent (4 years)
- testing API’s (2 years)
- testing Flash based applications (2 years)
- using Jmeter or equivalent (2 years)
- with HTML and PHP (2 years)
- writing and executing SQL queries (2 years)
- articulately reporting bugs using Defect Tracking Tools (Jira , Mantis)
- with LAMP stack
- building load/performance test harnesses for high volume, distributed enterprise applications
- Strong familiarity w/ release management and issue tracking best practices
- Expertise in developing, documenting, and execution of test plans
- Expertise in unit, integration, functional, regression, performance, and scalability testing
- Must be able to understand how changes in one part of the system could impact another part
- Excellent analytical skills; a problem solver
- Mobile platform testing (iPhone, IPad, Android)
- Must be very articulate to effectively communicate and work with the extended team
- A portfolio (list of URLs and what you did on those sites will do)
- A great sense of humor
If you’re excited about this extraordinary opportunity, and feel this is for you, please show your enthusiasm by familiarizing yourself with the KIT Cloud platform in preparation for our first meeting. An ideal candidate will make observations and suggestions about our current functionality demonstrating their analytical skills, ability to understand the big picture, and extend their experience into the video platform space.
- Past experience with video over IP products
- Experience w/ multi-tenant applications, especially around security testing
A technical evaluation will be conducted as part of every interview.
WIIFM? (What’s In It For Me?)
• Competitive pay
• Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance / 401K benefits
• 20 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year
• Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with the security of a publically traded company
• Massive growth opportunities
• Respect for your ideas and recognition for a job well-done
• International travel opportunities
• Exposure to the latest cloud computing, video-on-demand, and web technologies
• NOT working in a corner cube on legacy solutions that nobody will ever see
For jobs located in the United States, KIT digital participates in the E-Verify program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Kit digital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status
See More Jobs at KIT digital