JOB TITLE: Payroll Manager
COMPANY NAME: The WhiteWave Foods Company
INDUSTRY: Consumer Packaged Goods
LOCATION: Denver/Broomfield, Colorado
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight and Land O’Lakes brands in North America and Alpro and Provamel brands in Europe, WhiteWave Foods has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities.
The Payroll Manager manages the activities of multiple stand-alone payrolls within a centralized payroll department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of payroll and related payments such as tax reporting, benefits records administration and payroll system maintenance. Develops, with the Director, Risk Management, the strategic direction of the payroll operations, and manages initiatives targeting process improvement, increased efficiencies, and operational cost reductions.
•Provides day to day guidance to the payroll processors
• Provides for the hiring, performance management, ongoing feedback and formal review of payroll staff
• Manage the relationship with our third party payroll processor and the implementation of a new system in 2013
• Responsible for ensuring Sarbanes Oxley compliance as they apply to the controls designated for the processing of payrolls
• Seeks ways to improve process and efficiencies as well as understand root cause of problems
• Reviews and resolves payroll issues including problems escalated to the Payroll Manager by others
• Ensures the accuracy of payroll through balancing and auditing prior to submission as needed
• Audits for accuracy of payroll information and data
• Oversees pay adjustments and manual check processing
• Provides interpretation of payroll data and advice to management
• Oversees wage calculations and special payments (e.g. relocation, severance, long-term incentive plans and personal use of the company jet)
• Assists with quarterly and year-end processing and reconciliations as necessary
• Responsible for keeping apprised of any developments in payroll and payroll related fields and communicating to both Management and Staff as needed
• Coordinates with different business units and location on any changes to the processes or systems
• Updates and maintains payroll administration procedures and policies as requested
• Leads strategic initiatives designed to ensure long term process improvement, cost reductions, and increased efficiencies
• Leads or completes special projects as assigned
PERFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
• Minimum of 10+ years of payroll administration and processing experience (including recent experience working for a public company)
• Minimum of 5+ years management or supervisory experience
• Broad knowledge and understanding of payroll software functions
• Strong knowledge of multi-state payroll tax regulations and administration
• ADP experience required
• Experience with Unions strongly preferred
• Experience with multiple pay groups and pay cycles required
• CPP preferred
WhiteWave Foods Company offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts WhiteWave Foods rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibility to this job at any time.
The WhiteWave Foods Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or any other factor that may be protected by law. This policy extends to all employees and includes all aspects of the employment relationship. WhiteWave Foods is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
'Got milk?' WhiteWave Foods has a white mustache alternative. The company is best known for its refrigerated Silk soymilk in the...