1. Achieve or exceed planned sales and profits by effectively merchandising the assigned departments.
2. Ensures the driving of sales through the execution of Standard Merchandising Procedures (SMP), Seasonal Layouts and other corporate merchandising directives.
3. Identify and communicate to management opportunities for increased sales; develops and executes plans to realize those opportunities.
4. Controls store expenses and payroll to maximize profitability while operating within earned percent to sales goals.
5. Maintains confidentiality of store financial and sales information at all times.
6. Ensures that the store is properly staffed by maintaining high standards in the assisting of the recruitment and selection of associates. Ensures that the company tools and guidelines are used in associate selection. Ensures all associates are fully trained with the corporate training programs. Maintains a quality work environment that encourages the personal development and retention of associates.
7. Supervise and directs lead and part-time associates. Prioritizes and delegates work assignments, evaluates performance by providing timely feedback on performance and completes associate reviews. Determines weekly schedules for areas of responsibility.
8. Ensures that all associates understand expectations and execute the Delighting Our Guest Standards and the Guest Loyalty programs and initiatives.
9. Ensure that the assigned departments and their furniture, fixtures, and equipment are clean, properly maintained, and pose no safety hazards.
10. Follow company policies and procedures and maintain a safe work environment.
11. Must be at work on a regular and predictable basis or as scheduled. All Management staff and Leads are required to work a minimum of one evening shift and one shift on the weekend.
Education and Qualifications
1. Knowledge of company services and products, policies, and practices.
2. Knowledge of off-price retail merchandising concepts and business management.
3. Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead others towards the accomplishment of store and company objectives.
4. Ability to sufficiently understand the English language in order to communicate with individuals at all levels in the company and with various business contacts outside of the company in an articulate, professional manner.
5. Ability to interview, select, train, and develop talented individuals.
Education and Experience:
1. Associate's Degree or equivalent preferred.
2. Previous retail or guest services experience required; 5 years + preferred.
Gordmans is an equal opportunity employer
Gordmans - 18 months ago
Midwestern shoppers head to Gordmans Stores for deeply-discounted fashionable apparel and home décor. The department store chain operates...