Public Health Analyst - Health IT
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman seeks a recent college graduate to serve as a Public Health Analyst to support the Epidemiology and Strategic Information Branch (ESIB) within Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Division of Global HIV/AIDS (DGHA), in the area of data management and analysis, program support, strategic information support, communication, support of related data management projects, and document planning and design. The position may provide technical assistance and consultation to DGHA staff related to the support for information system needs of PEPFAR in the areas of internal and external strategic information communication planning, policy consultation, material development, document planning and design, and other related projects. This position requires being an energetic team player with excellent communication, analytical and writing skills. The candidate must be open to domestic and international travel, with the potential for multiple trips per year.
• Support DGHA’s Epidemiology and Strategic Information Branch activities in support of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), focusing on data management, strategic information needs, and communication
• Conduct systems and program evaluation activities
• Provide analytical and public health support. This support may include such tasks as the following:
o ESIB communication representation and strategic planning
o Technical presentations
o Providing guidance or technical assistance to headquarters offices/branches and potentially field teams
o Responding to inquiries or information requests from headquarters and the field
• Gather and analyze relevant data for strategic planning obtained through primary and secondary research methodologies
• Participate in the design and implementation of data management and communication mechanisms, such as SharePoint and information development for partners and publi
• Analyzing communication needs and developing appropriate strategies to facilitate communication, including development of technical communication tools
• Domestic and international travel may be required
• One year experience with global HIV/AIDS Strategic Information activities and familiarity with PEPFAR
• One year experience with providing scientific information to non-scientific audiences and with understanding, planning, and assisting in the development of data management tools and resources
• Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships
• Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to follow confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior
• Public Health experience, including experience at CDC or other agencies involved in PEPFAR (UNAIDS, WHO, USAID, State Department)
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team. Proven experience developing projects and products independently and proactively
• Bachelor’s Degree required, 0 years experience
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 12 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...