DuPont is a global company of people who make a difference in everyday life. For talented and creative people like you, future career paths can be rich and varied. DuPont offers you endless possibilities to use all of your skills to help us create the future together.
DuPont currently has multiple opportunities for direct hire programs with locations in the gulf coast for engineers with a major in Chemical Engineering.
Typical first assignments for Chemical Engineers include:
Manufacturing Technical / Process Engineering
– Provide technical support to a production area. The engineer’s activities may include improving an existing manufacturing process by increasing product yield, quality, or equipment utilization; or aiding in short-term process or product development programs.
Research and Development
– Apply engineering principles to task areas ranging from fundamental research on new processes and products to development of work to improve and/or diversify existing product lines. Laboratory, pilot plant, or full-scale production tests are used by the engineer to accomplish process technology and product advances.
– Find technical solutions for environmental compliance, including waste minimization, waste disposal, permitting and waste remediation. The environmental engineer supports the DuPont core mission of sustainable growth-increasing value to society while reducing our environmental footprint.
Project and Design
– Implement capital projects to build new or improve existing facilities. Responsibilities include reviewing basic data, developing project justification and scopes, coordinating design, and managing project construction.
Chemical Engineer Consultant
Often the roles will include envisioning, generating or leading the project. Examples of consulting groups within DuPont include Heat, Mass & Momentum Transfer, Reaction Engineering & Thermodynamics and Process Dynamics & Control.
- Provide Process Engineering consulting and support services to DuPont businesses globally in support of top-line growth and asset effectiveness improvement programs. Work extensively with research and development and operations technical personnel, project leaders and other engineering technology consultants to ensure business needs are met and advanced through the appropriate application of process engineering technology.
Engineers at DuPont build a solid record of accomplishments and a broad-based perspective of the company. Whether in the Field Engineering rotation program or as a direct hire to one of our DuPont sites, new engineers at DuPont will have multiple opportunities to learn, work together with world-class experts, contribute to solutions benefiting people all over the world, and grow into a satisfying career.
Six months of Coop/ Internship engineering work experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering Research and Development work.
- 3.0 or Greater GPA
- Pursuing an Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited program
- Legal right to work in the United States without restriction
- Relevant Work Experience:
Three months of paid academic engineering Research and Development work and three months of Coop/ Internship engineering work experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering Research and Development.
Three months of DuPont Coop/Internship engineering work experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering Research and Development work.
DuPont is an e-verify employer.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
DuPont - 21 months ago
E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on fossil...