POSITION PURPOSE: Design, architect, deploy and administer enterprise level, multi-vendor SAN/NAS storage and switch solutions based on client needs, experience and best practices. Most important storage technologies are NetApp, EMC, HDS and IBM. Design, architect, deploy and administer enterprise level, multi-vendor backup solutions based on client needs, experience and best practices. Most important backup and restore technologies are NetApp Snap backup technologies such as Snap Drive, Snap Mirror, Snap Vault, Snap Manager as well as NetBackup and OSSV using traditional tape library solutions. The Storage Engineer position requires a with vast storage architectural and management skill set and is required to interface with service delivery and other service lines (such as Wintel, Unix, Database) to design and deploy reliable enterprise level server infrastructure solutions. The Backup/Restore Engineer position requires a vast backup and restore architectural and management skills set and is required to interface with service delivery and other service lines (such as Wintel, Unix, Database) to design and deploy reliable enterprise level backup solutions based on best practices and client requirements of RPO, RTO, backup retention, data security and reliability. Design, deploy and administer enterprise level tape library hardware solutions. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and architect storage and switch solutions based on client needs, experience and best practices.
- Responsible for the management and administration of storage subsystems and SAN switches from all enterprise vendors.
- Design, deploy, configure, and maintain SAN switches including Brocade, Cisco, McData and Qlogic.
- Design, deploy, configure and maintain EMC Centera WORM device.
- Design. Deploy, configure, and maintain Storage and NAS devices with focus on EMC, IBM, NetApp, SUN, LSI and HP.
- Architect, design, deploy and administer backup/restore solutions utilizing NetApp Snap backup technologies such as Snap Drive, Snap Mirror, Snap Vault, Snap Manager as well as NetBackup and OSSV using traditional tape library solutions.
- Effectively utilize all native storage management software tools including EMC ECC and Storage Scope, IBM Storage Manager and Network Appliance Operations Manager
- System tuning and capacity planning activities geared towards meeting specified service levels
- Design, architect and perform data migration solutions across diverse storage platforms.
- Consult, perform and/or assist with data migrations including host based and storage based solutions.
- Monitor storage and backup operations and react to incidents.
- Perform restoration of data from backup.
- Provide reports showing success/failure of backup and restore operations.
- Utilize expertise with a variety of operating systems including Linux (Suse/Redhat), Solaris, HP-UX, Windows and VM Ware with primary depth of expertise in Linux and Solaris.
- Interface closely with clients and other support personnel.
- Integration of new hardware devices with defined customer security procedures
- Adhere to corporate incident, change and problem management principles
- Responsible to successfully manage customer relationships, uncover needs and provide solutions support.
- Expected to maintaining vendor relationships and stay abreast of best practices and new technologies
- Expected to effectively interface with local and remote team members.
- Support of environments for testing, quality assurance and production OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Self managed resource that can effectively interface with service delivery, operations management and other service lines to produce, deploy and administer enterprise level server solutions. Regular, predictable attendance. Other duties as assigned.
- More than 5 years of experience administering and managing enterprise storage, including NetApp, HDs
- Ability to design, architect and administer storage and backup solutions in an enterprise multi-customer landscape.
- Extensive NetApp Data OnTAP experience including CIFS, NFS and Snapshots, Snaplock, Flexvol, SnapMirror, SnapDrive, SnapVault and Near Store solutions.
- Experience with the configuration and administration of EMC Centera WORM device.
- Experience with backup/restore software such as (but not limited to) NetBackup, OSSV, Tivoli Storage Manager and DataProtector.
- Clear and broad understanding of the functions of storage subsystems and SAN switches from all enterprise vendors.
- In depth, hands on experience with Brocade Silkworm and Cisco MDS family switches.
- Experience with enterprise level, multiple customer tape library solutions, with emphasis on IBM.
- Knowledge of backup/restore solution development with focus on RTO/RPO (restore time objectives/restore point objective) and DR requirements.
- Competency in SAN\NAS storage across multiple vendors.
- Knowledge of Sun StorageTek, HDS and HP storage solutions
- Broad Understanding if IBM ESS and DS series storage solutions
- Experience administering and strong familiarity with EMC family of storage devices
- Experience with SUN Solaris (2.6 – Solaris 10) and Linux Suse/Redhat.
- Experience with SCSI, NAS, iSCSI and fiber channel devices
- Experience with storage and server data migration in a diverse storage platform landscape.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues in a timely and efficient manor with little management intervention.
- This position requires the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Experience performing problem determination and resolution in complex mixed vendor server environments.
- Experience in Oracle DB and/or SAP Experience is a big plus
- VMware experience is a plus
- ITIL experience is a plus EDUCATION: BS Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
T-Systems North America, Inc.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) connects people and markets worldwide! Deutsche Telekom is one of the leading international companies in ICT. With round about 235.000 employees in 50 countries, we provide innovative solutions to our clients.
T-Systems is one of the three successful brands of Deutsche Telekom. We serve large customers and multinational companies through our global infrastructure of data centers and networks. With the help of innovative technology we develop integrated solutions for connected life and work.
Let us together shape the world of tomorrow!
- 2 years ago - save job