Essential Job Functions
- Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads more complex technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications to provide clients with information regarding technical areas in a less technical way.
- Assists in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet business needs.
- Interviews programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel;. Reads previous documentation and design notes, and uses computer based training or company technical products to gather and research technical information for use in more complex documentation.
- Writes, organizes, enters and compiles more complex online help files to support end users.
- Creates, compiles, and delivers more complex system/software developmental documentation packages including, but not limited to narratives, logic diagrams, input and output samples, input preparation instructions, job setup information, etc., from technical project team inputs, system requirements analysis, system design specifications, technical system design, technical procedure development, configuration control requirements, test and training specifications, and programming notes.
- Assists in creating project plan, etc. for completing documentation.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, technical writing or related field preferred
- Two or more years of technical writing experience
- Experience working with desktop publishing, word processing, and on-line documentation software
- Experience working with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
- Experience working with company software products
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Strong communication skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
AppLabs - 2 years ago
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...