Adecco Engineering and Technical, a division of the world leader in the recruitment of engineering and information technology professionals, has an immediate opening for a Usability Analyst --CONTRACT TYPE-- opportunity with a leading company in financial company in the Raleigh/Durham area.
Evaluate usability of new and existing online content applications, recommending improvements to enhance user experience based on user feedback, usability principles and established standards. Assist user Experience manager with task that support the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the team. Also provide mentoring and guidance for usability analyst.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other Duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Collaborate with stakeholders and project teams in the planning and development of effective online solutions.
2. Create documentation outlining recommendations to improve usability including blueprints, wireframes and reports to
demonstrate intended approach.
3. Conduct heuristic evaluations of online content and applications and suggest improvements.
4. Suggest, plan and conduct appropriate user research to assess user needs and identify issues via a variety of techniques including usability testing, online surveys, interviews, contextual inquiry, focus groups, paper prototyping and card sorting. Analyze user research data, recommend modifications and present findings to a variety of audiences.
5. Contribute to online usability standards to ensure that sites offer an efficient, effective and consistent user experience.
6. Investigate, evaluate and recommend new and emerging usability techniques, technologies and methodology process improvements.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in human factors, human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology or related field or equivalent
education and related training
2. Three to five years of online usability experience
3. Experience utilizing a variety of user research techniques
4. Demonstrated skill in collecting, analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
5. Ability to utilize Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
6. Ability to travel as needed, occasionally overnight
1. Master's degree in human factors, human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology or related field
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online or email directly
The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company and the global leader in HR services. Our group connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories around the world. We offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Contact us today to discuss available contract and direct hire positions. Adecco Engineering and Technical offers benefits including Holiday, 401(k), Insurance Benefit Plans and Anniversary Bonus opportunities. Adecco Engineering and Technical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Overtime: straight time
JobServe USA - 2 years ago
At Adecco, we work for you.
Adecco is the world’s largest provider of staffing solutions. But it’s not our size that makes...