We are looking for a Programmer Analyst in our Lenexa, KS location. This position will report to the Director, Business Applications. This is an exempt position.
Here are some details about this position:
About CST Industries
CST Industries, Inc., headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas, is the global leader in the manufacture and construction of factory coated storage tanks, silos, aluminum domes, specialty covers and reclaimer systems. With over 100 years of heritage and 275,000 installations in more 125 countries, CST Industries is focused on providing our customers the highest level of quality and customer service. CST's existing company portfolio consists of CST Storage Products, CST Covers Products and Vulcan Tanks. Manufacturing facilities and technical design centers are located in Parsons, Kansas; Winchester, Tennessee; DeKalb, Illinois; Conroe, Texas; Gardena, California; Rincon, Georgia and the United Kingdom. Regional sales offices are located throughout North America and in Mexico, Argentina, United Kingdom, India, Dubai, Singapore and Vietnam.
As Programmer Analyst, the responsibility of this position is to support the design, configuration, programming and maintenance of CST's Sales Configuration System, with minimal supervision. This task will require regular interactions with internal Sales, Marketing and Engineering departments to fully understand application requirements, configurations, compatibility, descriptions, costs, and pricing for products in all modalities. Furthermore, this position is responsible for integrating the Sales Configurator system with CST's back office systems, current and future business systems. The work requires knowledge of the policies, procedures and methods in the field of Information Technology and programming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer the Sales Configuration System (CPQ);
- Responsible for support of systems software (such as database, operating systems, software utilities);
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Engineering to document product offerings;
- Develop and execute a project plan to model all CST product lines;
- Generate programming code, devise sample test data, run tests of programs and deploy applications to production;
- Assist in troubleshooting and performance tuning including packages, procedures, triggers, views and sequences;
- Design data security and/or backup/recovery programming specifications;
- Implement and/or integrate databases and/or client requirements related to databases requirements;
- Design or assist in designing the logical and physical structure and functional capabilities of corporate databases;
- Assume the responsibility to effectively interface with internal and external customers to insure accurate requirement gathering;
- Ensure the accurate and timely communication of the status of assignment, job responsibilities, and the resolution of problems to the appropriate parties;
- Develop and update application (end user) documentation;
- Work independently with minimum supervision;
- Solve complex problems on own and proactively identify new solutions to problems;
- Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet established objectives;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to staying current with IT technology via continued training, education and learning;
- Ability to travel to any of the CST offices and other destinations, as needed;
- Minimum off-hour support is expected of this position; and
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of IT experience in a technical programming role; preferably in an industrial machinery manufacturing environment.
General Skills, Experience:
- Good communicator;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work with people in a problem solving capacity;
- Ability to conduct training and informational sessions; and
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems and suggest solutions.
Technical Qualifications, Experience:
- Proficient working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows technologies, Microsoft Office applications and VBA;
- Experienced in at least one relational database programming language, e.g., Microsoft Access;
- Experienced in at least one application development programming language, e.g., Microsoft Visual BASIC .NET;
- Experienced in at least one SQL database programming environment, e.g., Microsoft SQL Server; and/or
- Proficient working knowledge of a fourth-generation programming language (4GL).
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD), or equivalent.
Internal Contacts: Regular (80%)
- The position will require regular daily contact with internal and external corporate users to determine initial system needs and design/implement changes to established systems.
External Contacts: Occasional (20%)
Physical Skill and Effort:
- External contacts with system contractors, software and hardware suppliers and users of like systems may be required.
- Work requires customary speed and accuracy in operating standard office equipment. Simple, easy muscular movements are required.
Working Conditions and Hazards:
- Normal office conditions with occasional exposure to shop and manufacturing floor conditions.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of this position given its current classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, proper. This position description supersedes all previous descriptions for like duties.
CST Industries offers competitive salaries, great benefits, including 401k, health, vision and dental insurance and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CST Industries, Inc. - 16 months ago