You don't just want a job. You want an opportunity to be part of something special. A career at Spirit AeroSystems is that and more. This is where employees every day are given the chance to Dream Big and Make It Fly!
Spirit is a recognized leader in the global aerostructures market. Our customers are some of the best known aerospace manufacturers in the business. That means our employees work with exciting technologies and materials to design and build some of the world's most popular aircraft. If you are looking for a company where you can make an impact right away, sharpen your skills, and be part of a dynamic culture, Spirit is the place for you. Teamwork is essential. Diversity is more than just a slogan. Initiative and innovation are valued. Our employees are leaders in community involvement and civic responsibility. Our company has a reputation for strengthening the communities where we live and work.
1. Work with engineering requirements, work orders, prints, charts, sketches, work instructions, documents, verbal and electronic information to manufacture to quality requirements, parts and assemblies.
2. Fabricate detail parts using conventional or computerized numerical controlled (CNC) mediums or secondary hands and power tool operations while simultaneously ensuring product and/or process quality at all levels of the manufacturing operation through monitoring/verification methodologies.
3. Determine and adjust as necessary machine feeds, speeds, depth of cut and work alignment using shop mathematics, charts and graphs and precision measuring instruments. Machine proof new and revised part programs and complete first part dimensional layout and verification.
4. Perform basic metal fabrication such as deburring, routing, metal forming, sawing, trimming, including shear operation, punch press, counter sinking and tapping equipment using engineering drawings and work instructions.
5. Move and/or obtain correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, etc. normally within the incumbent employee's assigned building as directed by management.
6. Use of all precision measuring instruments required to accomplish work assignments.
7. Perform routine tooling & machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., replacing machine filters, changing light bulbs, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, replacing pins, bushings and/or back-bolts, etc.).
8. Verify work performed is per work instructions and meets process and/or engineering specification. Identify discrepancies found per applicable procedure.
9. Ensure equipment and tool certification occurs per procedure.
10. Perform work within allotted schedules.
11. Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting employees at all classification levels.
12. Qualified candidate will need to successfully pass a skills demonstration.
Capabilities are determined through minimum skills demonstration.
This is a second shift role.
Spirit AeroSystems - 12 months ago