This job is responsible for the coordination, supervision and evaluation of all daily operations for the assigned Franciscan Health System (FHS) hospital campus in accordance with established business objectives and applicable accreditation/regulatory requirements.
An incumbent oversees all diagnostic imaging
activities to make sure they are conducted in a cost-effective and efficient manner, meet customer needs and are compliant with professional standards, internal policies/procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
ork includes: 1) supervising assigned staff (e.g. hiring, training, scheduling and evaluating) engaged in imaging activities in accordance with established operating standards;
serving as conduit/liaison with various internal departments in coordinating and troubleshooting various business-related issues; 3) problem-solving, troubleshooting and appropriate escalation of issues to higher-level management; 4) implementing solutions to resolve issues and/or errors; and 5) identifying opportunities to streamline current operations and implementing approved procedural changes.
An incumbent may perform some patient care activities within scope of licensure on an incidental basis as needed.
Work is performed in accordance with established standards/guidelines
and requires knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements sufficient to ensure compliant operations and to exercise judgment and critical thinking in addressing operational and/or regulatory issues.
Also requires expertise in supervising and evaluating the work of support staff.
An incumbent works with higher level management on major operational or business decisions prior to implementation
Performs related duties as required.
- Supervises daily operations of the assigned hospital to facilitate the safe and appropriate delivery of diagnostic and/or therapeutic patient care, facilitate achievement of clinical core measurement scores and to ensure that all activities are conducted in a timely and cost-effective manner and in compliance with organizational values, professional standards, internal policies/standards/procedures and/or applicable legal/regulatory requirements;
oversees the resolution of daily clinical, administrative and operational issues, and
monitors/troubleshoots service recovery and other escalated concerns, resolving within defined scope of responsibility;
implements and enforces quality control/quality assurance and productivity standards; ensures that applicable standards, systems and procedures are understood and followed; monitors and audits related documentation to ensure conformance with established standards relating to timeliness, and accuracy; prepares periodic productivity reports and program updates for review of higher-level authority
- Participates in the development of, and implements new clinical systems/programs to enhance existing services and raise the standard of care for the patient population served; produces and presents reports on key performance indicators and other significant benchmarking metrics.
- Staff Supervision and Development:
- Schedules, supervises and evaluates the work of assigned staff in accordance with established procedures;
assists in identifying adequate staffing levels for appropriate coverage to meet budgetary and operational objectives; ensures that staff are qualified and properly trained to perform assigned job duties; interviews job candidates and makes employment and other personnel decisions in accordance with established guidelines; orients employees and holds regular staff meetings to keep employees appraised of all matters relevant to successful job performance; approves timecards; communicates performance standards, assesses clinical competency and evaluates employee performance; counsels employees, providing constructive feed back and recognizing results achieved; participates in performance management activities and resolves technical issues referred by subordinates as beyond their scope of authority.
- Monitors Compliance:
- Interprets, and monitors compliance with, applicable internal/external legal and regulatory agreements, standards and requirements; keeps abreast of changing regulatory requirements/regulations, professional standards and competitive industry practices impacting assigned functions, as well as organizational initiatives/changes with potential to impact current operations; monitors impact on existing activities and identifies/implements effective response/solution while maintaining acceptable service levels and work quality.
- Performance/Quality Improvement:
- Monitors, on a continuous basis, services, patient outcomes, quality control, family/patient satisfaction, staffing needs and operational effectiveness to facilitate optimal care delivery; identifies trends/opportunities and provides recommendations to Director/Manager for new quality/performance improvement initiatives; implements new processes and ensures that performance improvement activities are conducted in a timely and effective manner; ensures that staff receive the necessary on-site training and consultation to enhance their understanding of quality/performance improvement initiatives.
- Participates in annual budget planning and administration relative to assigned responsibilities; monitors work
schedules to control overtime and/or premium pay; monitors/approves expenditures within defined scope of responsibility; explains variances and addresses in a timely manner; informs Director/Manager of all issues with potential for budgetary impact.
- Business Planning/Marketing
- Participates in business planning activities, including the development/implementation of clinical area/work unit objectives/projects to address current and future needs to support achievement of business objectives.
- May participate in established marketing activities to increase referral base and expand market share for the clinical area/work unit; may meet with physicians or other referral resources to explain and promote FHS culture, goals, resources and services; may participate in community awareness activities to promote clinical programs and services.
- Other Essential Duties:
- May occasionally perform direct patient care within scope of licensure as needed.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited
, sonography, nuclear medicine or other diagnostic imaging discipline and five years of related work experience, including two years in a “lead” or supervisory capacity.
- American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT), Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RDMS) or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) is required.
- State of
if relevant to the national registry.
- Current CPR certification
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Patient Care Support
WA-Tacoma-St Joseph Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Franciscan Health System - 23 months ago
St. Francis himself may have hailed from Italy, but his followers look after the health of the residents of the South Puget Sound area...