Publicis Healthcare Communications Group (PHCG)
is the largest health-oriented agency network in the world. A division of Publicis Groupe S.A., PHCG manages top-ties agencies specializing in promotion innovative solutions in advertising, medical education, sales and marketing, digital, market access, and medical and scientific affairs. PHCG is dedicated to delivering ideas of purpose that compel action, change lives and amplify business outcomes. With more than 4,500 employees, PHCG manages 12 agency brands in 41 offices located in 11 countries.
The VP, Human Resources is responsible for driving the strategic and tactical aspects of Human Resources for the Corporate Staff functions of PHCG, including Finance, HR and Global Development. The role oversees all facets of HR including executive counsel, organizational/ change management, staffing, performance management, talent development, compensation, employee relations, and policy and provides interface with the Publicis Shared Services group (benefits, payroll, HRIS). In addition, the position is responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating Corporate HR initiatives including Diversity and Corporate Social Responsibility and will help to manage all internal HR communications.
- Partner with Chief Financial Officer, Chief Development Officer and Chief HR Officer to develop and implement HR strategies across matrix reporting lines in support of business goals and objectives;
- Partner with leadership to define and implement optimal organization structures, systems, processes and alignment of people, including exploration of globalization and outsourcing of functions;
- Partner with HR specialists, generalists and shared service centers within broader PHCG and Publicis Groupe to provide seamless support across the franchise.
- Develop plan and coordinate tactics to improve Diversity across PHCG; coordinate with Publicis Groupe center of excellence to raise awareness and deliver programs around diversity;
- Develop strategies and coordinate tactics surrounding Corporate Social Responsibility; coordinate with business unit leadership and Publicis Groupe center of excellence to report activities and share best practices.
- Spearhead other HR initiatives, as need dictates.
- Act as right hand to CHRO in the development and management of the HR function and people, including coordination of annual HR conference, quarterly WebEx’s etc.
- Leadership & Communications
- Actively participate on PHCG HR Leadership Team;
- Mange the content and improvements to the Career Catalyst HR portal, including management of the HR collaboration site;
- Coordinate with SHRO and peers to develop and communicate HR calendar of events and coordinate communications to employee population;
- Lead key pan-PHCG HR initiatives by marshalling appropriate resources from across the network, supplemented by external resources, as required.
- Create a high performing and inclusive work environment through the use of effective change management intervention techniques;
- Organization Development & Culture:
- Facilitate plan and tactics to improve culture/ work environment and increase employee engagement incorporating issues arising from surveys, evaluations, competitors’ analysis reports, best market retention practices, etc.;
- Partner with Global Talent Director, PHCG to develop, implement and actively manage Talent Review & Succession Planning Process for client areas;
- Guide clients in the development and execution of strategies to ensure optimal talent development and movement within the organization;
- Ensure effective implementation of competency/skill & management training curriculum;
- Facilitate team building sessions and coach/ mentor employees to effectively collaborate with one another.
- Ensure performance management process is embedded throughout client areas;
- Work with leadership to establish process for cascading and aligning PHCG and employee personal goals;
- Actively coach management to prepare and deliver high quality performance discussions, provide feedback, and implement development actions to improve individual and team performance;
- Proactively and expertly manage low performance and employee relations issues, leveraging legal counsel, where necessary.
- Partner with business leaders and finance to plan workforce needs in alignment with changing business priorities at all times, and communicate frequently with Talent Acquisition partners;
- Coordinate with Talent Acquisition COE, HRGs and hiring managers to manage recruitment activity;
- Leverage metrics reports and implement best practices around staffing;
- Assist in search, assessment and selection of senior hires in Corporate Staff and the Motivate Division;
- Manage internal mobility process across agencies inside and outside of Corporate Staff.
- Partner with finance, business and Compensation COE to manage compensation processes and ensure alignment of rewards with performance, and the appropriate salary treatment of employees;
- Participate in career family development and alignment of employees to appropriate levels;
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Compensation COEs, finance and business leaders to construct senior level offers, and negotiate terms, as needed.
- Work with corporate HR team to implement and promote the usage of various major HR information systems and other technology tools, including Lumesse, Taleo, Moodle, and SharePoint;
- Assist with HR business process mapping and ensure data integrity of assigned client populations.
- Develop and implement HR policies in compliance with local laws;
- HR Operational Excellence:
- Oversee training of department directors, managers and staff on any HR related policies / processes including performance management, behavioral interviewing, compensation, and legal compliance;
- Ensure HR administrative and compliance requirements are met, e.g., FLSA, employee records, etc.
Background/ Required Skill:
- Education/ Work Experience
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline/ masters preferred, 12+ years of progressive HR management experience, including broad-based HR generalist and organization development experience, experience in professional services company, multi- industry experience preferred, global experience preferred;
- demonstrated experience in practical application of all HR disciplines including hands-on HR operational experience in organizational development/ change management, recruitment, leadership development, compensation and fundamentals of employment law;
- Strategic Ability
- Strong experience creating and implementing strategic Human Resources initiatives; is future oriented, and can articulate credible visions and plans;
– interest in and knowledge of the business strategy and key business drivers, links HR initiatives and programs to business needs; strong critical thinking, analytical and business partnership skills;
- takes initiative, willing to take unpopular positions/ actions when necessary, self-confident, courageous and assertive, inspires and motivates others, treats other with respect, leads by example, ability to effectively give feedback and coaching;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels of management and personnel (encompasses verbal, written, listening); able to effectively present information to top management, public groups and other groups as necessary both internally and externally;
– can be counted on to meet or exceed goals consistently, very bottom-line oriented, steadfastly pushes self and others for results, has a sense of urgency and fosters the same in others;
- able to develop and articulate plans, identify synergies, galvanize resources, organize activities, establish and track metrics and lead through others; demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in high volume environment; excellent time management skills;
– Able to work in fast paced, highly matrixed organisation, strong emphasis on collaboration, team building and process management; adept at influencing different leadership styles, able to establish a high level of trust and credibility in the organization;
- able to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks, as required.