SUMMARY: The Business to Business Key Account team is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with a defined customer base as it pertains to order management and account maintenance. The Manager is responsible for understanding, communicating, and executing these responsibilities. The manager is responsible and accountable for managing the day to day planning, operation, account management, customer service, and problem solving/troubleshooting complex issues of a team of key account representatives supporting various business to business segment customers. The manager is responsible for establishing and meeting the required service level components, standards, sales targets; and to develop the team to ensure delivery of a consistently superior customer experience.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position manages the Key Account Representatives
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hire, train, develop, direct, motivate and inspire team members to exceed set performance expectations
- Direct team members to meet or exceed department goals related to service levels, weekly metrics, quality of service and other department measures, KPI’s and expectations
- Implement and execute coaching daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Implements policies, procedures, and practices relating to Key Account & other related department processes.
- Inform team of current company and departmental goals and objectives; participate in weekly meetings; hold team meetings to ensure information is passed amongst all employees.
- Communicates effectively and professional with internal and external customers. Continual communication with all stakeholders.
- Communicate, uphold and implement all GMCR, Inc. policies and procedures in a positive manner that demonstrates support for the company best practices
- Prioritize and delegate work to team member
- Organize and manage scheduling of staff to ensure optimal coverage
- Performance management/performance appraisals –establish, coach and deliver
- Contribute to goal setting, and execution of plan to hit goals
- Oversee implementation/audit EDI transmissions for customer accounts
- Mediate and resolve conflicts to the desired outcome for both customer and GMCR.
- Collaborate with other Business to Business teams to meet or exceed shared goals
- Foster dialogue among internal groups and communicates opportunities for enhancements/increased results/best practices to ensure organizational and customer commitments are met
- Identify technical and or process errors, troubleshoot and work with appropriate parties to correct.
- Collaborates in the creation and/or maintains process documents as it pertains to Key Account processes
- Provides performance feedback, follow-up, and coaching on a regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly) to help team members attain performance targets.
- Ensures employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
- Responds to and resolves employee issues; addresses disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy; works with HR to make effective/appropriate decisions relative to corrective actions required.
- Is available for and provides support to all Key Account Reps that experience work or customer issues by providing coaching, instruction, direction and resolution.
- Prioritizes and delegate work to all team members
- Participate in Quality Assurance Review; address and communicate to staff any performance concerns
- Keep abreast of In Home/AFH industry dynamics and customer needs
- Maintains working knowledge of all systems used – People soft, Cisco, Kronos Time Keeping
- Performs other duties as requested by management
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Leads by example
- Maintains attendance adherence for self and staff
- Participates in process improvement projects
- Resolves major problems with orders, delivery dates or customer service including handling escalated calls
- Troubleshoots and resolves non-routine customer complaints; intervene with escalated customer concerns as needed.
- Monitors progress toward performance targets
- Excellent organizational skills and effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Follow all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department
- Acquires and maintains an in depth knowledge of all GMCR products, programs, services, processes, customers, and software programs utilized in Customer Care.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Occasional travel (average 4 times a year)
Bachelors’ degree and/or 2-3 years experience applying comprehensive hands-on knowledge of EDI, customer relationship management in the In Home (Grocery/Retail) or OCS/Distributor industry, including broker relationships (customer service and/or sales).
3-5 years Proven leadership/supervisory skills required
Knowledge, experience in sales or customer service required
Call Center experience preferred
Knowledge, experience in EDI required
Knowledge of business processes
Background in working with/through brokers, grocery/club stores, distributors, to manage orders, pricing issues and problem solving.
Background in working with field sales force and/or category managers at grocery/club customers, or distributors.
Must possess strong interpersonal and persuasive skills in order to communicate with all levels of the operation, organization and customers
Strong oral and written communication skills, including accurate grammar and business correspondence knowledge.
Strong Organizational Skills
Proficiency in all software systems - People soft (Supply chain, OM), CRM, Demantra, Workforce Management
Ability to use Microsoft Office Suites, particularly Microsoft Excel and navigate web browsers on the computer.
Required competencies and aptitudes:
Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to take on new challenges and learn assigned tasks readily
Ability to sit at desk for extended period of time
Ability to uphold Safety standards, participates in Continuous Process Improvement on the job, and follows our Manufacturing best practices.
Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures as well as our Operating principles.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (70% - 100% of the workday).
All offers of employment with GMCR are contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment physical as provided by a GMCR selected physician. This position also requires a criminal background check. The examination, job skills assessment and criminal background check must be completed prior to the first day of employment. GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes, references and background checks. GMCR is an E-Verify employer.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 2 years ago
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...