The Catering Sales Executive is responsible for handling social and local corporate catering opportunities that are above the sales office parameters and come directly to the hotel (i.e., 150 covers and above). The incumbent is responsible for contracting and closing local catering and social business and ensure that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. The position is responsible for achieving catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. The incumbent implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
Catering sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The Catering Sales Executive has overall responsibility for achieving and/or exceeding the hotel catering sales revenue goals. Overall, the position is accountable for the following:
Sales and Marketing Leadership
Design, develop and sell creative catered events.
- Manage the sales efforts for the hotel including local corporate and social catering.
- Work collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Sales Office, Area Sales, EST) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Respond to incoming catering opportunities for the hotel. Identify, qualify and solicit new catering business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Proactively solicit affiliate business associated with citywide events from approved affiliate list provided by Citywide Sales Executive.
- Understand the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and know how to sell against them.
- Close the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Work with the management team to create and implement a catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
Develop menus which drive sales.
- Maximize revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage.
- Manage catering sales revenue and operation budgets, and provide forecasting reports.
- Assist with selling, implementation and follow-through of catering promotions.
- Interact effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Execute and support Marriott's Customer Service Standards and hotel's Brand Standards.
- Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Participate in and practice daily service basics of the brand (i.e., MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy Service Basics, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day, Residence Inn Daily Huddle, or TownePlace Suites Morning Meeting).
- Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gain understanding of the hotel's primary target customer and service expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Develop a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Ensure that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Monitor the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
Jun 13, 2012, 11:42:28 AM
Marriott International, Inc - 18 months ago
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...