CENTRA Technology, Inc. is seeking an experienced Corporate Proposal/Capture Manager with strong expertise in producing proposals at the corporate level. The candidate must be thoroughly knowledgeable of the government procurement process, possess excellent writing skills, have superior organizational and interpersonal skills, and advanced capabilities with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and other common desktop software. This individual must also be interested in and capable of mentoring and training inexperienced employees at all levels in proposal preparation.
: BS/BA in relevant discipline required, plus a minimum of ten years of directly relevant senior level capture management experience (including leading large capture teams) in the private sector.
Clearance Level Required: Secret required, active TS/SCI preferred.
Description of duties (For selected large competitive acquisitions)
- Act as the central internal POC for the status of ongoing proposal development efforts.
- Participate in bid/no bid decision by assisting with market assessment and identification of CENTRA team differentiators.
- Organize strategy meeting with relevant CENTRA managers to establish win themes and select capture team (i.e. volume managers, editors, graphics specialists, production crew, compliance reviewers, team member interfaces, red/gold/pink team reviewers).
- Organize, schedule, and conduct proposal kick-off meeting for all participants.
- Summarize RFP requirements and ensure all participants have most current information
- Brief win themes and team differentiators for emphasis across all proposal volumes
- Clarify assignments and roles of participants
- Establish method for proposal team communication (e.g. posting changes to solicitations, responses to Q&A, sharing of drafts, etc.)
- Establish proposal master schedule
- Establish formatted volume templates and provide to volume managers
- Coordinate development and submittal of questions related to RFPs
- Oversee volume outlines and coordinate appropriate review/approval
- Conduct frequent proposal team meetings (as frequently as daily, as necessary)
- Post all relevant new information for proposal team access and review
- Manage proposal schedule
- Monitor and enforce milestones
- Coordinate posting and integration of draft proposal deliverables
- Adjust schedule as necessary
- Conduct formal management reviews (red/pink/gold, etc.), including the collection and distribution of comments.
- Validate that all review comments are responded to and incorporated as appropriate.
- Coordinate formal RFP compliance assessment.
- Oversee proposal production and delivery.
CENTRA Technology, Inc. is a rapidly growing small company providing systems engineering and analytical services to US Government and commercial customers. We have offices in Burlington, MA and Arlington, VA. CENTRA Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Develop and maintain corporate proposal process and tools, and associated training materials
- Mentor/train inexperienced staff on effective proposal preparation.
We offer a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match and profit sharing, ESOP, incentive bonuses, and a generous educational reimbursement program.
If you would like to apply for this position, please e-mail your resume and a writing sample to
Please reference job code CPCM6 in subject line.