United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a RedHat - Linux System Administrator 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the Navy Continuity of Services (CoSC) program. Positions may be located in Norfolk, VA and San Diego, CA.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Systems Team. This candidate will serve as a member of the COSC team and will assist in the security management of multiple web, application, and batch servers across production and non production servers to include, analyzing and resolving problems associated with server hardware, building and installing RedHat and Linux images, monitoring and tuning system software, and creating Shell scripts.
Following that implementation, the candidate will conduct and support comprehensive vulnerability assessments and technical security testing of classified information systems & networks. These networks are distributed across US Navy and Marine Corps networks and will directly support critical Customer missions and objectives. The successful candidate shall be required to establish and maintain an effective approach within a project team environment that ensures appropriate Network assessments and tests are conducted in accordance with customer/regulatory requirements and standards. In addition, the successful candidate for this position shall have a demonstrated foundation in Network Security best practices and a proven track record and related past performance relative to translating that experience into protecting a classified systems compliance environment. The vulnerability assessment and security testing will be a subject matter expert in all technical and administrative security controls for Navy network based systems.
May also conduct detailed trade studies and requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Candidate must demonstrate understanding and application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the system administration field. Candidate must be independent thinker and work under general supervision only. Candidate must have experience with Red Hat. In addition to Linux system administration responsibilities, the candidate will also be required to perform system security scans, apply patches, ensure that systems meet all web, application, and database requirements, and assist in the development of documentation. Other responsibilities include maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction, maintaining visibility with the customer, and consistently deliver timely, high quality products and services on current and/or new task orders/contracts.
OPERATING SYSTEM: Working knowledge in the following areas of Red Hat Linux system administration: General system administration, Software management and configuration, Patch management, Security and auditing, Kernel configuration and management, File system management and configuration, Software installation, configuration, and management, Perl Scripting and Veritas NetBackup. Experience with Solaris and HPUX is also required.
COMMUNICATIONS: Working knowledge with the communications interfaces between Linux servers and network infrastructure (firewalls, routers, VLANs, VPNs, Encryption etc.).
OTHER responsibilities include but are not limited too:
Must be willing to be assigned to an ‘on-call’ rotation for one week intervals.
- Installation, configuration, and management of Solaris/HP Unix/Linux servers
- Assignment to on-call after hours support as required
- Coordinate support efforts between inter-departmental groups
- Troubleshoot and resolve system problems and performance issues
- Administer users, groups, passwords, and other aspects of security
- Monitor system logs and activities on all servers
- Maintain formal documentation of managed systems
- Active participation in the ITIL processes, Change, Incident, Release and Problem management.
- Implement Information Assurance (IA) policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of our UNIX environment.
- This position requires work outside of core hours and rotating on call responsibilities. Some limited travel may be required
Must be able to work nights and weekends (on occasions) as server maintenance and government directed action requires.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. Four (4) additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Technical Training and 3 years’ experience of UNIX and/or Linux Sys Admin experience.
- Documented experience patching systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of Red Hat, and Linux
- Security + certification
- Must be a US Citizen and with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance and a CAC card.
- Must be 8570 certified (Security + ).
- Experience with Solaris and HPUX is required.
- Must have knowledge with Veritas (VX) Filesystems on SAN devices.
- Must understand multiple RAID level.
- Experience configuring and managing RedHat Linux servers to support large databases and applications.
- Must be experienced with Retina or ACAS (Assured Compliance Assessment Solution)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) preferred
- Experience working in a Federal or DOD environment.
- Ability to present engineering concepts in a straight forward manner.
- Ability to plan, document and schedule complex engineering tasks and work with little or no supervision.
- Hold an active Secret clearance with SSBI investigation.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 18 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...