Commodity Manager - IT/Technology
Develop and drive the commodity sourcing strategy for the Technology commodity ensuring best practices across the sourcing lifecycle, key stakeholder alignment and successful implementation of the strategy. Responsible for commodities with a range of spend levels, strategic importance and/or commodities which require strong business relationships with senior-level peers in the LOBs or other business functions.
- Together with the Category Manager, develop the commodity strategy and drive execution with business partners
- Develop and maintain deep expertise in the commodity; analyze trends and dynamics of supply markets
- Develop understanding of the current commodity activity within the company and determine opportunities to drive value
- Compile commodity profile details such as supplier pricing, performance, volume forecasts, design specifications
- Proactively engage project teams early in planning of major projects to understand requirements and develop plans/strategies
- Develop and execute RFI, RFP and Auctions
- Develop negotiation strategy and lead contract negotiations
- Work with business and functional areas to establish supplier performance targets and goals
- Coordinate development of select suppliers and monitor their performance
Amount of annual spend covered by this major strategic sourcing space is in the hundreds of million dollar range.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- 5-10 years relevant experience in sourcing (and related functions)
- Business and Infrastructure Services/ Information Technology and Services Commodity expertise - knowledge of the market, suppliers and cost drivers
- Demonstrated excellence in management of complex, high-value supplier relationships
- Track record of success in implementing commodity strategies
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of interpersonal skills and ability to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytic skills; demonstrated 'fact base' development and skills
- Demonstrated data and financial analysis capability
- Project management experience
ISM Certification or other relevant professional designation. Specific commodity experience and skill set.
Job: Procurement (Strategic Sourcing)
Primary Location: Tucker, GA