ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
• Supports the espnW business with video production for all editorial platforms. Production responsibilities include shooting, producing and editing. Production projects vary to include long- and short-form digital content, graphics production, sales and promotional pieces, social media video elements, and all other video integration as needed.
• Designs, writes, and edits content, sales features, promotions, roll-outs and other elements for content assignments.
• Oversees segments produced in the control room/studio environment; responsibilities include building rundowns, creating graphics, editing broll, coordinating with talent and checking scripts.
• Oversees the production of assigned features; coordinates and manages production crews for necessary shoots.
• Able to fully understand business and content objectives and make content decisions as necessary. Able to operate in situations with minimal supervision and structure time appropriately.
• Organizes and assigns weekly budget plan for espnW content, including breaking news, features and weekly segments.
• Works with espnW editorial staff to capitalize on daily video opportunities and strategize on videos that will complement text pieces.
• Responsible for coordination and communication with other ESPN platforms, including TV, the Magazine and the other digital video groups.
• Researches and prepares story ideas for future productions. Gathers news, facts and video for assigned content deliverables.
• Works with editorial and ad sales to help develop new creative concepts for video material.
• Assists in exploring new ways to integrate video on all social platforms including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
• Conducts research in the video archives to obtain material for assigned features and stories.
• Participates in developing espnW concepts and content that reach viewers, increase espnW’s market penetration, and support partnership content goals.
• Attends regular ESPN production meetings. Contributes creative concepts that are in line with both ESPN’s content strategy and espnW’s business goals. Has the ability to provide story ideas that generate video content, from concept to execution.
• Delegates daily assignments to the espnW production assistant; provides production assistant with guidance and ensures the work meets the standards set by espnW and ESPN digital video.
• Minimum 5 years practical production experience.
• Possesses thorough knowledge and experience with non-linear editing systems, graphics production, and audio mixing. Specific proficiency with Macs & Final Cut Pro required.
• Has fundamental experience producing both long-form and short-form video content, from script and storyboard to media output and delivery. Has the ability to produce features, as well as content in the studio.
• Has understanding of social media and new media video standards for success. Able to version video content for multiple digital platforms and mediums, making editorial recommendations on content.
• Possesses proven, previous experience coordinating and executing video production shoots. Has basic knowledge of production crew complements, production budgets, working with talent, releases, etc.
• High comfort level with varying video content demands—from live event-based production, to story-based editorial, to content partnerships.
• Willingness to contribute to an all-hands-on-deck team. Ability to adapt quickly to changes and adjust timelines and goals as needed.
• Demonstrates basic mastery of ESPN Production Department operating processes.
• Superior attention to detail, combined with the ability to produce content quickly.
• Has a fundamental mastery of sports overall, with a talent for identifying storylines that appeal to female sports fans.. Thorough day-to-day knowledge of sports news and information, with the skill to translate that news/info into compelling content for women. Must have strong knowledge of women’s sports and the general sports calendar.
• Willingness to travel when necessary
• A minimum of 2 years digital business experience, particularly video creation
• Working knowledge of production resources and processes at ESPN, such as the booking of edit time, production VTL and Digital Center procedures, and Q-Cut stations.
• Existing relationships with Production group content teams, including Coordinating Producers.
• Passionate about launching innovative products to drive revenue, profitability growth
• Experience working in a high growth or high performance environment.
• Clear understanding of and experience with young female audience- ideally, with competitive athletes.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong team-building skills.
• Demonstrates care and respect for employees
• Bachelor’s Degree, or a related field or equivalent work experience
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 8 months ago
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...