Sylvan Learning is the industry leader in providing supplemental education to children in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. With nearly 30 successful years in the business, we guarantee positive educational results every step of the way. Our passionate instructors are certified, and our expert approach is personal and prescriptive, with each individual child’s needs in mind.
Our talented employees experience daily the impact they make. We’re an organization that prides itself in instilling knowledge and confidence in each customer we benefit! Join us, and be inspired!
As a successful Director of Education, your primary responsibility will be to champion the Sylvan developed curriculum, manage and ensure the quality of the education standards and teaching staff as well as grow the business in your center.
As a successful Director of Education, you will:
Grow the Center:
- Keep Mom & Dad informed on program progress.
- Make recommendations to alter program prescriptions or offer additional programs.
Manage & Train:
- Select, hire, train & motivate all certified instructors, teachers and educational staff
- Contribute to center profitability by controlling labor budget through managing instructor staffing levels and schedules
- Provide oversight to staff related to all educational policies and procedures
- Partner with the Center Director to run operations
Ensure Educational Integrity:
- Motivate and develop staff through ongoing trainings and workshops
- Administer Sylvan Skills Assessments; analyze and interpret results
- Write and recommend goal-based programs for Sylvan Students as well as monitor programs for performance.
- Establish relationships and communications with students’ teachers for insights on school progress
- Create positive learning environment by modeling motivational behavior in the center for staff, students and parents, during all phases of the instructional program.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- State level teaching certification
- Managerial experience
- Previous Business and/or Sales experience
- Strong Customer Service and Communication Skills and the ability to multi-task