Customer Service Representative
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill AgHorizons serves farm customers in the United States and is dedicated to helping farmers prosper. Products and services include grain origination and storage, grain marketing resources, and advice, crop input products such as seed and fertilizer, agronomic advice and information services.
AgHorizons has an opening for a Customer Service Representative who wants to work in a team environment and ensure tasks are accomplished as assigned, as well as have the willingness to learn and perform other CSR responsibilities as backup. This position will be located in East Saint Louis, IL.
Main responsibilities include: contract administration, balance sheet reconciliation, grain application instructions, and other related duties. There will be interaction with customers, merchants, internal departments and grain elevator location personnel.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
- 40% - Contract administration: includes data entry, confirmation, pricing, amendments, past-due notices, etc.
- 30% - Assists walk-in and phone customers with grain bid information, contract pricing, grain application and settlement information, and general market data.
- 20% - Handling office duties such as making copies, filing, faxing & emailing bid prices to customers, record retention, and other assigned tasks.
- 10% - Assists team members with special projects, balance sheet reconciliation, communicates with all members of the work group and customers in a positive and professional manner.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Service, Accounting, Agriculture Finance or Economics
- Proven ability to accurately and consistently execute complex and detailed processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate with Farm Producers and others within the team
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Must have an Intermediate level of proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Proven strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work overtime as business needs arise specifically during the fall grain harvest
- Strong professional/business acumen
- Proactive in providing solutions and process improvements
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Proven ability to adapt to change
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Associates Degree or higher (preferably in Business, Accounting. Finance or Agricultural concentrations)
- Familiarity with grain merchandising including contract terms and specifications
- Proven accounting analysis skills
- System knowledge with JD Edwards and LYNX
US-IL-East St. Louis
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers,...