Job Description: Body In White (BIW) Engineer (13-00055)
Job Location: Saline, MI – (Client open ended long term contract)
Type of Employment: Long-Term Contract
Salary Range: $40.00/hr. - $50.00/hr
MULTIPLE POSITIONS OPEN!!!
•Coordinate design and development of Body Design (sheet metal and/or exterior components like bumper, grille, glass, garnish, etc..) and/or attachments
•Understand the company's methodologies and processes for vehicle development
•Schedule for, make, design and issue part drawings
•Plan development with suppliers and follow-up to keep their schedule and their meeting of the company's performance requirements
•Report weekly status to superiors and support regular department reports to DPO / management
•Benchmark competitor's vehicles
•Perform other duties as assigned
Skill Sets and Attributes Required:
•BS in Mechanical Engineering
•4+ years automotive engineering experience in relation to the body of the vehicle
•General understanding and application of standard engineering theory, principles, and problem solving techniques
•Analytical problem solving abilities
•Ability to effectively coordinate projects
•Good communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with suppliers, design and the company
•Experience and/or willingness to use CAD
•Domestic travel may be required
1. Do you have experience as a Body Design Engineer?
2. On scale of one to ten (10 best) how do you rate your ability as a Body Design Engineer?
3. On scale of one to ten (10 best) how do you rate your ability with Design and Development of body (sheet metal and/or exterior components like bumper, grille, glass, garnish, etc..) and/or attachments?
4. Please rate your overall knowledge/ability (1-5, with 5 as the best) with each of the following CAD systems:
a. Catia V5:
5. On scale of one to ten (10 best) how do you rate your ability with benchmarking competitor's vehicles?
6. Do you have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering and where and did you graduate?
7. Why are you looking to make a move at this time?
8. What would your acceptable rate and your ideal rate for this position? (Please Do Not put negotiable)
9. What is your availability to interview?
10. How soon would you be able to start upon an acceptable offer?
11. Are you able to work in the U.S. without a need for foreign Visas, other than a TN Visa?
Thank you very much for submitting your resume and answering the pre-screening questions as well. We will get back to you as soon as the customer provides feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly as well.
GTA has recently come under the umbrella of TeleGuam Holdings, LLC. This company was formed in order to bring state-of-the-art-telecom...