The Pierce County Skills Center is seeking teacher applicants for our new Automotive Technology program opening in the Fall of 2013. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to deliver instruction using academic inquiry, real-world simulations and application of concepts, use of industry-based technology, and project-based learning.
T HIS POSITION WILL BE HIRED BY THE PIERCE COUNTY SKILLS CENTER, NOT THE BETHEL SCHOOL DISTRICT.
- Possession of an eligible ASE/NATEF certificate.
- Valid and appropriate certificate and endorsements for Washington State required.
- Hold Career and Technical Education (CTE) Certification or the ability to obtain probationary certification in the area of Automotive Technology (V470600).
- Meet requirements of No Child Left Behind Act.
- Ability to design and implement rigorous curriculum utilitzing the program framework to guide the scope and sequence of instruction.
- Develop an advisory committee of individuals from the automotive industry to ensure students gain the competencies that will enable them to be successful in this program and the automotive field.
- Ability to implement programs which will lead to industry certification of students.
- Ability to develop industry partnerships and create post-secondary opportunities for students.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective classroom management.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully employ effective teaching methods.
- Demonstrated desire and ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, students and parents from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Membership and student participation in a CTSO (Career & Technical Student Organization) is required.
- Ability and willingness to be an integral part of facility set up.
- Ability and willingness to build a program eligible for NATEF accredidation.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/CHARACTERISTICS: .
- Understanding of Washington Common Core State Standards.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of instructional strategies and methods appropriate for student learning needs.
- Ability to integrate technology with the curriculum.
- Problem solving abilities and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and plan with other staff members.
- Desire and willingness to continue to learn and pursue professional development.
- Be enthusiastic, flexible and have a commitment for students to reach high learning standards.
- Willingness to accept extracurricular assignments.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- I-9 Employment Eligibility
- Evidence of current first aid/CPR card or written statement indicating willingness to become current.
For best consideration, all materials should be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on March 22, 2013.
Bethel School District - 2 years ago