Pre- Silicon Verification Eng.
Job Description: The pre-silicon verification team is responsible for the functional correctness of Atom brand products before a new design is sent for fabrication. This verification is done using computer simulations and hardware emulation. Verification is done at several levels of design hierarchy, from unit-level models, to clusters of units, to full CPU models. Every available technique is used to verify design correctness, from digital logic simulation with RTL and gate-level models, to formal verification. Combinations of Intel-proprietary and industry-standard tools are used to complete this work. Our best-in-class practices have been developed and refined over many years of CPU and chipset design.
Job responsibilities include writing verification test plans, and then writing tests to execute those plans. Development of verification collateral, such as behavioral checkers or coverage monitors, is often required to enable test plan execution. Candidates will need to debug failing tests, then work with designers and architects to resolve bugs. Successful verification engineers can anticipate failure modes, and write punishing test content to stress the design and identify bugs. Candidate will analyze coverage gaps and devise strategies to fill coverage holes. The quality of the design and the final product is directly proportional to the quality of the design verification work. Behavioral traits for this position include: strong problem-solving skills and a tolerance of ambiguity.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Must have MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering/Science
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering/Science with 5 years of Industry Experience.
- Minimum 3 year experience in architecture and logic design (CPU/SOC)
- Minimum 3 year experience with Design verification techniques
- 2+ years in Perl and C/C++
- 1+ years experience with IA32 architecture
- 1+ years experience with advanced concepts; like out-of-order execution, code and data speculation, cache coherency, micro-code, virtualization and multi-thread and multi-core designs
Oct 21, 2012
Oct 22, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...