Position is responsible for providing Health services to children served in all the programs (center based or home based) as required by Federal and State regulations and Washington State Administrative Code (WACs) including Health screenings and Nurse site visits. Position is responsible of mandatory Health screenings to staff, and to provide Training and Technical Assistance when required from licensed Health personnel. Possess a working knowledge of the goals and objective referred to in WSMC’s Mission Statement.
Supervisory and Other Relationships
Regional Registered Nurse reports to the Regional Director. Although supervision is not a regular part of the job, incumbent will work closely with Human Resources, Program Support and Compliance Health Specialists, Child Development Centers Supervisors, Health Aides and employees.
Examples of Essential Duties and Accountabilities
The following examples of duties and accountabilities illustrate the general range of tasks assigned to the position but are not intended to define the limits of required duties. Other essential duties may be assigned consistent with the general scope of the position.
Nurse Consultant: Perform Monthly On-site Visits as required by the Washington State Administrative Code (WAC 170-295-4130) when infants are enrolled. Complete a report at the end of the visit including topics discussed and areas of concern. Be available by phone as needed for consultation.
Approval for Children with Health Concerns: Review individual health plans and medical information to approve the participation in center activities for children with health concerns, including allergies, special medication and severe disabilities.
Training and Technical Assistance: Provide Training and Technical Assistance to center staff when required from licensed staff, such as for Medication Administration, Health Non-invasive Screenings (hearing, vision, height, weight, blood pressure and head circumference) and CPR/First Aid.
Invasive Screenings: Perform Health Invasive Screenings to children in all programs (Home or Center Based) as required by regulations, including PPD, Lead and Hematocrit, including a prior file review to verify that the indispensable documentation is recorded.
Staff Required Screenings; Perform screenings to all members of personnel as required, including PPD and Drug Tests.
Confidential Information: Maintain confidential information, which includes, but is not limited to: health records, and participant personal and income information.
In-Kind Contributions: Responsible for contributing in any procedure or activity that fosters the contribution of in-kind funds, through the request of goods, services, cash donations, and/or through encouraging professional, community members and parents to volunteer time to the program.
Incumbents are required to demonstrate knowledge and abilities in these areas:
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through (*) a combination of education, experience and training. This combination will provide the competence to perform the work of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing with three (3) years experience in medical or dental environments; or (*)
- Knowledge of Health plans for children with disabilities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and efficiently;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Ability to gather and analyze data for reports via multiple modes;
- Ability to read, write and interpret documentation;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse employee population;
- Proficiency with personal computer, including Microsoft Office; and
- Accurate data management, documentation and recordkeeping skills.
- Previous Head Start experience.
- Knowledge on immunization requirements for Centers for Disease Control.
- Knowledge of Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
- English/Spanish bi-lingual fluency.
- Master’s degree in nursing.
Incumbents are required to have the following:
- Registered Nurse (RN) valid license;
- Valid Washington State driver’s license;
- Must provide a yearly driving abstract;
- Must maintain acceptable driving history;
- Proof of automobile insurance;
- Ability to travel to perform job duties and responsibilities;
- Must pass initial and periodic criminal and background check;
- Must pass initial and periodic employee health clearance; (present it within forty-five (45) days of employment);
- Current Food Handler card; (obtain the training within thirty (30) days of employment);
- Current First Aid / CPR cards; (obtain the training within thirty (30) days of membership);
- Subject to initial and periodic TB screen; (obtain the test results prior t employment);
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV / AIDS) training; (obtain the training within thirty (30) days of employment);
- Blood Borne Pathogen training; (obtain the training within thirty (30) days of employment);
- Subject to random drug screen;
- Must sign a Confidentiality Agreement; and
- Must complete and sign a Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement on an annual basis.
Inspire Development Centers - 7 months ago