If you would like to apply for this position, select the "Apply Now" button below the job listing to continue.
13-LEM: 2814: Case Manager
Children's Outpatient Services (North Bishop Lane)
8:00 AM - 4:30PM
Number of Openings:
Bachelor’s degree in a mental health discipline.
This job requires driving your personal vehicle daily for work. You must be 23 years of age or older, have proof of current liability insurance,a clear driving record (see application agreement for details), and have valid Alabama Driver License.
Qualified candidates will be required to attend training in Tuscaloosa for one week.
Knowledge in child/adolescent specialty, outlined below, to be attained within (6) six months of employment:
• Knowledge of psychiatric disorders in the child/adolescent population
• Basic knowledge of growth and development of child/adolescent consumers as related to all intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and physical aspects of their development
• Knowledge of developmental disabilities and mental retardation in the child/adolescent population
• Basic knowledge of behavior management and parenting issues
• Knowledge of cultural diversity
• Knowledge of behavior management, crisis intervention and interventions common to acute psychotic consumers, as well as, to non-violent crisis intervention practice
• Knowledge of effects of physical/sexual/emotional abuse and neglect issues
• Knowledge of available community resources as applied to child/adolescent
• Knowledge of the Alabama Juvenile Justice System
a. Demonstrates the ability to assess and reevaluate the consumer needs utilizing the SUN-R
b. Identifies and reassesses goals and plans for appropriate services utilizing the consumer’s ISP
c. Provides appropriate linkage to community resources
d. Monitors consumers to secure placement in the least restrictive environment
e. Provides ongoing monitoring of consumers’ progress and needs as assessed in the SUN-R and documented in their ISP.
f. Provides support on behalf of the consumers in order to secure community resources and needed services
g. Effectively collaborates and consults with staff members and outside sources in the delivery and arrangement of case management services
h. Evaluates and assists in consumer discharge planning
i. Effectively demonstrates the application of child/adolescent specific competencies
j. Assists in crisis situations or arrange for provision of services
k. Delivers or arranges clinically necessary transportation
AltaPointe Health Systems, Inc. - 24 months ago
AltaPointe Health Systems, Inc. oversees a community-based, regional system of mental health, substance abuse and intellectual disability...