Computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, Internet
Proficient with general accounting and ten-key by touch
Responsible for coordinating an effective and efficient prospect and donor database. Performs accounting and other record-keeping functions, coordinates Foundation deposits, data entry, reports, and gift acknowledgements.
1. Business or Administrative Assistant Certification preferred.
2. Experience with Blackbaud software products, “Raiser’s Edge” & “Financial Edge”, as well as accurate general bookkeeping skills and knowledge of general accounting practices, i.e. clerical data entry, processing forms, and reconciling accounts is preferred
3. Two years experience in a professional work environment. Extensive skills in typing with speed and accuracy, computer, 10-key, photocopier, multi-line telephone, fax, and other office machinery. Experience with Microsoft Computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
4. Organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
5. Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal.
6. May be required to obtain test scores at Flathead Valley Job Service to include but not limited to: Typing speed, 10-key speed, Proof reading & retention, Math & Basic Accounting skills, MS Word and Excel, etc.
7. Ability to work with minimum supervision as well as in a team environment.
1. Coordinates Raiser’s Edge database, including but not limited to:
a. Accurate data entry consistent with Foundation standards; financial reporting requirements for DGA’s, CRUT’s, Pledges, and other investments.
b. Create and execute database queries and reports for Foundation, in conjunction with Finance department needs such as fundraising, communication, and marketing purposes. Other special projects may be assigned relating to data, trends, historical context, and future endeavors.
c. Ensure that donor recognition information is tracked, accurate, and current.
d. Performs prospect research and analytical report generation.
e. Quality audit on data entry error rates; minimization in entry disparity to ensure integrity and consistency of data entry and reports.
2. Responsible for management of the process to enhance fundraising staff ability to secure significant gifts including but not limited to:
a. Generate data; analyze data for new and/or additional fundraising opportunities.
b. Create coding and other processes within Raiser’s Edge with the goal of supporting the needs of the fundraising and Finance staff.
c. Proactively seek education and understand changes in the needs of the fundraising staff. Provide staff information timely ensuring effectiveness in their processes.
3. Provide education to fundraising staff on the enhancements that Raiser’s Edge can increase their efforts and prospecting.
4. Daily deposits of monies received.
5. Utilizes Raiser’s Edge to send out gift acknowledgement letters punctually.
6. Will be expected to compile and present month-end gift reports to Finance department. Strict attention to accuracy, dead-lines, and audit compliance is required.
Kalispell Regional Medical Center - 2 years ago