*THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN WILMINGTON, DE*
ENERCON Services is seeking a Senior Substation Engineer, whose responsibilities will primarily include prosecution of electric substation projects. In addition, the responsibilities will include supervision of staff engineers, designers, and drafters. This person will assist the Substation Engineering Supervisor in assessing staffing requirements, monitoring project quality, and training and mentoring substation engineers and designers. The Senior Substation Engineer will assist the Supervisor with enforcement and implementation of quality control and assessment procedures. This person will also assist the Supervisor with assessing department staffing requirements, tracking staff utilization, preparing job postings, conducting reviews of candidate resumes and interviewing potential staff.
Position will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate multiple projects involving
· Development of proposal responses including technical interpretation and cost estimation
· Developing substation project design criteria including conceptual substation layouts and protection and control one-line diagrams
· Providing direction, guidance and quality assurance to drafters and designers including directing the flow of drafting and designer duties and insuring design schedules are met to result in the complete design requirements
· Providing direction and guidance to the Civil Engineering Department to secure project civil/structural requirements
· Developing technical equipment and construction specifications
(education, skills, certifications, licenses):
BS in Electrical Engineering
10+ years progressive experience in substation physical and electrical design
Professional Engineer registration or ability to obtain within one year
Design experience through 345 kV.
Working knowledge of:
o Symmetrical components
o HV and EHV system protection schemes and protective devices
o IEEE Std. 80, IEEE Std. 605
o RUS Bulletin 1724 E-300
Enercon Services Inc - 30+ days ago
ENERCON was founded in 1983 in Tulsa, Oklahoma and got its start in supporting startup and operations of nuclear power plants. From three pe...